Official Winter Meetings Thread

weams

Does anyone know how many teams can pick before the Orioles? I've been searching for teams that had room on their 40 man before the deadline, but I can't find a good list. I really like the idea of trading with a team at the top to take Deshields. Other than that I'm rooting for a BP arm with upside.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone know how many teams can pick before the Orioles? I've been searching for teams that had room on their 40 man before the deadline, but I can't find a good list. I really like the idea of trading with a team at the top to take Deshields. Other than that I'm rooting for a BP arm with upside.

I'm not making light of anyone's Rule V talk, and I'm sure you guys know way more about this than I do, but do we EVER discuss the right players when this rule V rolls around? I mean, did anyone discuss Flaherty, McFarland, or Almanzar before the Orioles selected them the past 3 years?

This Rule V is a crap shoot based on scouts perceptions of guys who are available. I don't fault anyone for the discussion, but odds are we have NO clue who the Birds end up taking.

I'm not making light of anyone's Rule V talk, and I'm sure you guys know way more about this than I do, but do we EVER discuss the right players when this rule V rolls around? I mean, did anyone discuss Flaherty, McFarland, or Almanzar before the Orioles selected them the past 3 years?

This Rule V is a crap shoot based on scouts perceptions of guys who are available. I don't fault anyone for the discussion, but odds are we have NO clue who the Birds end up taking.

Read MLBTradeRumors.com and they have a good preview with 3-4 players listed on who might get picked, including who the first 2 picks will be. Sounds pretty specific actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Orioles Interested In Yoenis Cespedes <a href="http://t.co/sxHvN43RRo">http://t.co/sxHvN43RRo</a></p>— MLB Trade Rumors (@mlbtraderumors) <a href="
">December 10, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I like this. He's basically a young Cruz that can play the outfield. Yeah, yeah, OBP whatever. The guy can mash. Hopefully Manny, Pearce, and Davis give you halfway decent OBP.

This is the first good news I've heard since the Kemp trade rumors died down. I'm all on board for Cespedes...as long as it doesn't take Bundy, Gausman, or Harvey to make it happen. Chen for Cespedes seems like it would make sense, on the surface, considering the Soz lost out on the Lester sweepstakes.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Orioles Interested In Yoenis Cespedes <a href="http://t.co/sxHvN43RRo">http://t.co/sxHvN43RRo</a></p>? MLB Trade Rumors (@mlbtraderumors) <a href="
">December 10, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I like this. He's basically a young Cruz that can play the outfield. Yeah, yeah, OBP whatever. The guy can mash. Hopefully Manny, Pearce, and Davis give you halfway decent OBP.

MUCH better...what is the cost...

This is the first good news I've heard since the Kemp trade rumors died down. I'm all on board for Cespedes...as long as it doesn't take Bundy, Gausman, or Harvey to make it happen. Chen for Cespedes seems like it would make sense, on the surface, considering the Soz lost out on the Lester sweepstakes.

I want Cespedes, but not for Chen.

Unless they throw in Pedroia too? :D

Actually, Chen and Schoop for Cespedes and Pedroia. DO eeeeeet!

Do you hate it more than Lough in left instead of Cespedes?

Well my avi is YOLOugh so I may be the wrong person to ask [emoji4].. Of course I would take him... I just don't like the thought of Edrod and whomever we give up to get him kicking our tails in the future

LOL, it'll cost a pitcher and a big pitcher at that since Lester was given up. Think Gausman or Bundy. So let this one go.

For one year of Cespedes with no compensation attached. I think not. I also think that this is one writers fantasy.

Archived