Official Winter Meetings Thread

weams

The stuff the Orioles get done at the winter meetings can be done from the warehouse. Why bkther wasting money to send guys there. Especially as strapped for cash as they seem to be.

I wouldn't worry about the trip. They got a good deal on Hotwire and stayed at the Motel 8.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Duquette: "There is over $30 million in raises going to players through the arbitration system. Because they had great years, right?"</p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="

">December 11, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Now we get the company line.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Duquette: "There is over $30 million in raises going to players through the arbitration system. Because they had great years, right?"</p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="
">December 11, 2014</a></blockquote>

Now we get the company line.

They will sign Craig Breslow.

I wouldn't worry about the trip. They got a good deal on Hotwire and stayed at the Motel 8.

This has endorsement deal written all over it. I'm picturing Dan Duquette lounging in a plush Hyatt suite when it hits him. He turns toward the camera, smacks himself in the forehead and says, "Doh, I shoulda stayed at a Motel 8!"

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Industry expectation strong <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mets?src=hash">#Mets</a> will lose RHP Logan Verrett in tmrw’s Rule 5. Clubs see as back-end SP or stuff playing up as 7th-inn RP</p>— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) <a href="

">December 10, 2014</a></blockquote>

Any way this guy falls to the O's tomorrow?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Industry expectation strong <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mets?src=hash">#Mets</a> will lose RHP Logan Verrett in tmrw?s Rule 5. Clubs see as back-end SP or stuff playing up as 7th-inn RP</p>? Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) <a href="
">December 10, 2014</a></blockquote>

Any way this guy falls to the O's tomorrow?

Doubtful. Unless a trade is made with someone picking 1 or 2

Archived