Should the Orioles have given Miller 4/$36M ?

TonySoprano

Should the O's have paid the man?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Should the O's have paid the man?

• Yes, they should have been aggressive.
    • No way, bullpen arms are too unreliable year-to-year

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We have three Boras clients who will hit FA market next off season, Matt, Chen and Davis. Will Duquette sign any of them? It may not matter what our relationship with Boras is.

I don't see them extending CD, but if they have plans for the other two players, Duquette needs to get to work in the spring and sign them. I won't hold my breathe.

We will not sign any of the Boras clients.

Who cares about what Britton thinks. Just setting up to be another year where our loyalty to a closer hurts our team. I love Buck. But this is where the can't get a team over the hump argument stems from.

So. Let me get this straight. You think this was a Buck decision? ;)

Because they will all be free agents and they will all have qualifying offers. And we will not be high bidder. For any of them.

So how do we replace impact players with a farm system that's unproductive? If Duquette won't negotiate with Boras clients all three players need to be traded so we can get something in return. Matt can go once it's proven he's healthy.

Because they will all be free agents and they will all have qualifying offers. And we will not be high bidder. For any of them.

Then I hope that they are looking at all possible trades for all of them. Getting a comp pick for all of those guys is way less than they can be traded for.

So how do we replace impact players with a farm system that's unproductive? If Duquette won't negotiate with Boras clients all three players need to be traded so we can get something in return. Matt can go once it's proven he's healthy.

Well you can't trade Matt. I assume that a pick return is sufficient for Davis and Chen.

Have to give it to someone, right? Sike!

Ubaldo deal scaring them to make commitments. Os wont sign anyone unless they feel they are getting a bargain. Which is why they wont sign anyone to, or trade for big contracts.

You believe this? And I think it is Psyche.

Archived