Bundy

MdSooner

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You mean the board or the prospect ranking websites of the world?

I mean I understand the concerns on the other side. Former top pitching prospect in all of baseball gets hurt, gets treated with some crazy new surgery then comes back and is throwing three miles per hour slower.

I could see where folks would think he is done for.

I mean I understand the concerns on the other side. Former top pitching prospect in all of baseball gets hurt, gets treated with some crazy new surgery then comes back and is throwing three miles per hour slower.

I could see where folks would think he is done for.

I don't really see a ton of excitement for him on this board per se. I see a lot of people saying don't trade someone with a ton of market value, for one year of Upton or Kemp's horrible K. But I'm not sure there are a ton of posts gushing over Bundy. So I wasn't sure what the poster was referring to.

I don't really see a ton of excitement for him on this board per se. I see a lot of people saying don't trade someone with a ton of market value' date=' for one year of Upton or Kemp's horrible K. But I'm not sure there are a ton of posts gushing over Bundy. So I wasn't sure what the poster was referring to.[/quote']

Oh I agree. I think some posters are being incredibly pessimistic concerning Bundy. I think he was pretty much where he was supposed to be last fall and should be impressive this spring.

I think I am about as high on him as anyone is publicly admitting.

Oh I agree. I think some posters are being incredibly pessimistic concerning Bundy. I think he was pretty much where he was supposed to be last fall and should be impressive this spring.

Bundy is a spectacular young pitcher who got hurt. Got fixed. Is ready to go. Much like Jose Fernandez and Matt Harvey. Just like them. To think otherwise is pretty foolish.

Why is it TOR starter or bust for Bundy? Ideally at least 1 of Gausman, Bundy and Harvey develop into that Ace level pitcher. Realistically if all 3 of them develop into capable starters that is huge. 6 years of control for all 3 of them to fill out a rotation. Right now a #4 type pitcher like Hammel or Feldman is getting 10million + on the open market.

Why is it TOR starter or bust for Bundy? Ideally at least 1 of Gausman, Bundy and Harvey develop into that Ace level pitcher. Realistically if all 3 of them develop into capable starters that is huge. 6 years of control for all 3 of them to fill out a rotation. Right now a #4 type pitcher like Hammel or Feldman is getting 10million + on the open market.

Exactly. Even as #3-4 SP, that's a lot of value.

Archived