Bundy

MdSooner

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep' date=' that's exactly the kind of trade we should make for him. Give me a Cosart, or a Franklin, or a Springer, and I can be talked into trading him and understand the logic of it.[/quote']

Problem is, baseball does not trade prospect for prospect. I saw how you slipped Franklin in there. They have a song for this.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TxfZbj5vf7Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Problem is, baseball does not trade prospect for prospect. I saw how you slipped Franklin in there. They have a song for this.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TxfZbj5vf7Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I wouldn't really consider Franklin a prospect per se. He played a lot in 2013, and put up the kind of year where I would say, "this guy is going to be at least a 1.5 to 2 WAR player going forward at the major league level." He really only got sent back to the minors because of Cano.

I watched Bundy's second rehab start against Salem and he got hit pretty hard but can certainly see that he is big league talent...just couldn't locate the ball that night which is to be expected in a rehab start. I think the guy has got to get to the show this year at least by seasons end and make a good showing.

I watched Bundy's second rehab start against Salem and he got hit pretty hard but can certainly see that he is big league talent...just couldn't locate the ball that night which is to be expected in a rehab start. I think the guy has got to get to the show this year at least by seasons end and make a good showing.

Thank you.

Bundy is a spectacular young pitcher who got hurt. Got fixed. Is ready to go. Much like Jose Fernandez and Matt Harvey. Just like them. To think otherwise is pretty foolish.

I think it's foolish to assume anything one way or the other. Eyes wide open in 2015, hoping to see the dominant guy we saw in 2012.

I think it's foolish to assume anything one way or the other. Eyes wide open in 2015, hoping to see the dominant guy we saw in 2012.

All three of those pitchers are as likely as each other to be great or awful. Only time will tell. And no one can debate that statement.

• 3 weeks later...
Oh I agree. I think some posters are being incredibly pessimistic concerning Bundy. I think he was pretty much where he was supposed to be last fall and should be impressive this spring.

I think I am about as high on him as anyone is publicly admitting.

I am right there with you.

I am still extremely high on him. I like his stuff, his make up and his overall drive. I have no doubt that he will be successful if physically able to be and nothing to this point I have heard leads me to believe the physical stuff will be a long term issue.

One of the reasons I would love to see Tillman signed to a deal is that I love the idea of KG, Bundy, Tillman threesome at the head of the rotation down the road.

He is very crazy. He won't even get the chance.

The dude is a little out there.

I would not expect DB to break camp with the team. I think DB will likely be a mid season call up when they move a starter at the trade deadline or if they do not move a starter he could be in the pen

O's won't Strasburg him.

Right. There's no reason to do it. The O's can afford to be patient with Bundy considering how well their starters pitched last year. I think the goal is to get a second-half contribution from him, have him available as an option for the playoffs if we get that far, and have him ready as a truly viable option for the 2016 rotation when Chen and Norris are likely to be gone.

Archived