Roch: Because you asked (Christmas Eve edition)

fearthenoodle

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just hope it isn't DD that is negotiating compensation from the BJ's to the O's so the BJ's can get DD.:D

When Billy Beane accepted the Boston Red Sox GM job (which he later decided to back out of), the player expected to come back to the A's was a prospect named Kevin Youkilis. That kind of value would be good.

Guest rochester
When Billy Beane accepted the Boston Red Sox GM job (which he later decided to back out of), the player expected to come back to the A's was a prospect named Kevin Youkilis. That kind of value would be good.

You got that right.

What if DD WANTS to be in Toronto? Maybe he likes it there. I don't think you can dismiss it based on the continual talk about it.

I'm sure he likes the extra money. For a GM how much could it really be? PA needs to just step up and extend him 2-3 years and kick in some extra millions. That's resource reallocation. I'd much rather have DD here running things than Brian Matusz in the pen the next two years.

Sigh, sounds like a very good possibility that we're heading for DD going to TOR. If the family/friends aspect is real, I think it is just a matter of time. Family/friends make more sense to me than just money. PGA could solve any money issue (and would IMHO).

Supposedly the family and friends are in Montreal. That 336 miles from Toronto. I am missing something with the family and friends rumor.

I'm sure he likes the extra money. For a GM how much could it really be? PA needs to just step up and extend him 2-3 years and kick in some extra millions. That's resource reallocation. I'd much rather have DD here running things than Brian Matusz in the pen the next two years.

This has nothing to do with money. No matter how you look at this, the position for the Blue Jays is a step above the GM position for the Orioles.

DD is signed through 2018, so adding money and years is just irrelevant.

What if DD WANTS to be in Toronto? Maybe he likes it there. I don't think you can dismiss it based on the continual talk about it.

Bingo , People forget he loved it in Canada when he was with the Expos.

If DD wants to leave is there anything the O's can do to stop him? I don't think there is anything they can do. If DD wants to go to Toronto and Angelos won't let him go, does MLB determine the compensation?

He can't take a job with Toronto unless the Orioles release him from his contract. Angelos can play hardball if he wants.

Bingo , People forget he loved it in Canada when he was with the Expos.

And quit to go to his dream job in Boston. Which he was fired from. He will go if they want him if he wants to go if they give us a ton and they Angelos family decide they want to do that. Roch is not immune to getting a bit of holiday attention either.

Archived