Fix the leadoff spot, and we are fine!

21xxxv

Despite the overwhelming negativity which is typical of any fan base that sees three popular FA's leave town. I feel that if we can sure up the leadoff spot, whether that is De'Aza, or a player yet to be acquired the O's will be in decent shape.

Too many here aren't accounting for a full Manny recovery, which honestly we only saw about a month and a half of the real Manny last year! Matt, whether he can catch 120-130 games is still questionable. But, his bat will be better than Hundley and Joseph. Even Chris, we know who he is, and he protects other spots in the lineup. Despite his low average and K's, we missed him when he was suspended.

Ideally, if we could get Delmon back, then add an OBP guy that could play some defense too, then I feel we are more than OK. The familiarity is the big advantage we have over the flux that other teams are experiencing.

January and February are DD's best time to shine..

Ideally, if we could get Delmon back, then add an OBP guy that could play some defense too, then I feel we are more than OK. The familiarity is the big advantage we have over the flux that other teams are.

Yeah. Or just skip the OBP and go with our existing guys and call it a wrap.

Trade Wei Yen Chen and a mid-level prospect to the Padres for Seth Smith AND Carlos Quentin.

That would make the Orioles a very deep team offensively -- maybe lost a little star power with the loss of Cruz, but the lineup will be deep.

Add Casey Jansen on a cheap deal and call it a winter.

Hard hi''in Carlos Que''in is made of glass, and the signing of Delmon Young eliminates any room for him on the roster. I like the idea of a Chen for Smith swap, presuming Chen is gone after 2015.

I don't want to call it a wrap! The team needs a MOO cow! Or a lead off man but really a guy that can hit 3rd.

No reason to trade Chen when we can QO and get a pick back. Chen is arguably our best pitcher. Seth Smith is not nearly enough to compensate for one year of Chen plus a draft pick. Fowler would be close, but HOU would be more interested in prospects. We were able to get 2 years of Norris for Hader and LJ Houes. I would look to trade similar prospects for Fowler. Anyone other than Bundy and Harvey.

De Aza - 296 games started, batting 1st, with a .334 OBP, .405 SLG, and 174 runs scored.

Markakis - 236 games started batting 1st, with a .353 OBP, .402 SLG and 131 runs scored.

A leadoff hitter's job is to get on base AND score runs. De Aza doesn't do the 1st as well but he does the 2nd better.

That's great if you ignore the splits

Archived