Cafardo: Despite losses, Orioles still perched on top in AL East

mdbdotcom

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But they only won 88 games last year i was told that was lucky to get you in?

They have been at that level or better through good play, power, and starting pitching for a five year stretch. Not one lucky season when all the competition folded.

Look i hate the Royals a lot now too. But that wasn't luck that pen was lock down. Look what they did to Oakland in the wild card game they ran all over them to set up runs not luck.

Look i hate the Royals a lot now too. But that wasn't luck that pen was lock down. Look what they did to Oakland in the wild card game they ran all over them to set up runs not luck.

No one is saying that their pen was lucky. You only need a three person pen in the playoffs and they had the best top three.

We're getting off point. The Royals were not as good an offensive club as the Orioles, period.

I'm fine with hitting a lot of homers. But let's not forget that in 2012 when we made the playoffs, we hit 214 homers but were 9th of 14 teams in runs scored. Homers alone don't guarantee a good offense. Houston was 3rd in the AL in homers this year, and 14th of 15 in runs scored.

Archived