2015 Rotation: 6 men, 5 spots. How does the team determine the odd man out?

Nevermore

Who will be the odd man out in the 2015 rotation?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the odd man out in the 2015 rotation?

• Chris Tillman
    • Wei-Yin Chen
    • Bud Norris
    • Miguel Gonzalez
    • Kevin Gausman
    • Ubaldo Jimenez
    • Someone will get traded
    • One of the rookies will get the starting spot, so there will be 2 men out

This poll is closed to new votes

There are currently 6 starting pitchers and only 5 rotation spots. How does the team determine who the odd man out will be, who will start the season in long relief out of the pen? I've listed this as a poll, where you can vote for whoever you believe will be the odd man out, and also a couple of other options.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another possibility could be someone will get hurt. The problem would then take care of itself. I voted for Ubaldo but I only half believe it. I think the O's would like to unload him and the only way to do that is to allow him to reestablish himself as a starter.

Looks like 3 off days in April and 4 in May. With Buck's rotation-shuffling wizardry, I wonder if a guy with an option like Gausman gets "sent down" but in reality it's only because his turn is skipped. Gives the O's more time to line up a trade or see how everyone is throwing in actual ML action.

Another possibility could be someone will get hurt. The problem would then take care of itself. I voted for Ubaldo but I only half believe it. I think the O's would like to unload him and the only way to do that is to allow him to reestablish himself as a starter.
Ooops, I forgot to add the "injured" option. :eektf:

Miguel Gonzalez is the odd man out but if Bundy looks good in the spring, someone will get traded then or early in the season.

Bundy is almost a non-factor this year. They'll baby his innings (mostly in the minors) to have him ready for September/October. Next year is his year.

e: And I don't think DD will trade his precious starter depth.

There are currently 6 starting pitchers and only 5 rotation spots. How does the team determine who the odd man out will be, who will start the season in long relief out of the pen? I've listed this as a poll, where you can vote for whoever you believe will be the odd man out, and also a couple of other options.

Remember, the poll is not for who should be or who would you like to be. Just who will be.

Remember, the poll is not for who should be or who would you like to be. Just who will be.

MiGo has shown the... tolerance... to be sent down for a period to help the team. He would willingly go to the pen if it was best for the team. Not happily I guess but willingly.

I think we keep all six through most of Spring Training, unless a good deal comes to us, not us actively shopping. We need them if someone gets injured. What if Ubaldo looks horrible or Gausman looks like he could use a few more innings in AAA. If all six are healthy and looking good towards the end of spring training, we look to trade one, of which Norris would be the best one to do that do.

Pitchers get injured all the time heading into and during ST. I think of we make it until April without one of the 6 getting injured then you evaluate how everyone looked and make a move. Unless someone completely bombs then I doubt we'll see anyone sent to the bullpen or AAA... Unless it's like how Ven6 described it with Gausman temporarily getting sent down, that I could see happening.

Archived