MLB Network Top 10 by Position starts tonight CF and SS

Greg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No Michael Brantley or Starlin Castro? They should both be safely in the top 10. Brantley's 6.6fWAR put him 3rd for CFers last year and Castro was on pace for 3.5fWAR before his freak sliding incident which would have put him 5th.

Haha WAR WAR WAR....shows it don't mean squat.

Haha WAR WAR WAR....shows it don't mean squat.

How does that prove WAR doesn't mean squat?

Brantley had the 3rd highest wOBA of all CFers(3.89), Highest batting average(.327),2nd best OBP(.385),4th best SLG(.506) and 3rd best wRC+(155) all this on top of being hugely valuable on the bases. His 6.6fWAR made him the 3rd most valuable position player in baseball last year.

Castro had the 3rd highest wOBA of all qualified SS. The best batting average(.292),2nd best OBP(.339),3rd best SLG(.438),3rd best OPS(.777) and 3rd best wRC+(115).

Who says he was signed to play shortstop and will.

Well, the Pirates have their clean-up hitter Walker at 2B and and their lead off hitter Harrison at third. Now, maybe they went out and spent that kind of money for a guy that they intend to use only as a utility guy on their bench, but the Pirates finances and payroll history sure says otherwise to me. What do you think?

Well, the Pirates have their clean-up hitter Walker at 2B and and their lead off hitter Harrison at third. Now, maybe they went out and spent that kind of money for a guy that they intend to use only as a utility guy on their bench, but the Pirates finances and payroll history sure says otherwise to me. What do you think?

MY bad. I meant it to say Kang rather than Who. Kang says that was what he was promised.

Archived