What do now that Rasmus is off the board?

ChuckS

Can't say I'm shedding any tears losing out on Rasmus, but looks like we will need to trade for an OF now since the FA options are practically gone.

Could it be that Norris will be on the move and the holdup is waiting to see what he gets in arbitration? Who are some possible options that could be traded for a player like Norris? It's gotta be a team that is in need of SP, has a surplus in the OF, and can take on Norris's salary. Another guy I would look at trading is Chen. Making less than Norris and probably the better pitcher on top of that.

I don't think the LH or RH matters so much, we just really need more depth to give us options. Lough and Young both really need to be PT players in my opinion.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe we will hear how the O's can out opportunity other clubs.

More chances for Lough, Young, Hassan, Alvarez, Walker and Lavarnway to get at bats.

This.

We don't need anothe outfielder. At least not yet.

Mid season upgrade is more likely.

Man, this board loves itself some David Lough. The guy has yet to put together a quality full season and is offensively limited. The other players mentioned are either minor league free agents that have never had any major league success or minor league prospects that need more time in the minors.

The status quo might make sense to if we were in rebuild mode and not expecting to contend, but I don't see how anyone can say this OF couldn't use some more depth/major league proven talent.

Man, this board loves itself some David Lough. The guy has yet to put together a quality full season and is offensively limited. The other players mentioned are either minor league free agents that have never had any major league success or minor league prospects that need more time in the minors.

The status quo might make sense to if we were in rebuild mode and not expecting to contend, but I don't see how anyone can say this OF couldn't use some more depth/major league proven talent.

Part of me agrees with you, part of me wants to see what Lough can do if given more at bats. He's been worth 4.1 rWAR in 597 PA/141 starts. I don't like putting all my eggs in that basket, though, which I think is your point.

Part of me agrees with you, part of me wants to see what Lough can do if given more at bats. He's been worth 4.1 rWAR in 597 PA/141 starts. I don't like putting all my eggs in that basket, though, which I think is your point.

Problem is, we won't know if Lough is that guy unless we put all our eggs in that basket.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>With Rasmus off board, <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> changing gears again for OFs. Theyve been in contact this winter w Nate Schierholtz, whom they've courted b4</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

">January 20, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Nate Schierholtz, 30, hit .195 w 7HRs in 2014 w Cubs/Nats. Batted .251 w 21 homers in 2013 w Cubs. Os pursued him last summer and Dec. 2012</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Besides Schierholtz, Os could revisit interest in Ichiro, or pursue trade options. Still think they are in the market for an OFer.</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The Orioles never had any serious intention of signing a free agent outfielder, imho. In my opinion, after Nick left, they just decided to go with internal options. We shall see, but I think even with Wieters, Machado, Davis additions (if they all do well, which is also not a sure thing) that this club is going to need another bat. The stuff with DD just muddies these waters for us fans out here even more.

Kind of like last year when the O's didn't have a closer or a 2nd baseman entering ST.

Archived