Buck meeting with Angelos today...

Bazooka Jones

Mr. Angelos is telling Buck how awful the off season's been because they didn't sign Rasmus.

He's been offered the title of Manager Supreme by the other team. In addition to managing, he is also in charge of the ushers and the concessions. It's a promotion over Manager so Angelos should just let him go.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's been offered the title of Manager Supreme by the other team. In addition to managing, he is also in charge of the ushers and the concessions. It's a promotion over Manager so Angelos should just let him go.

Oops, that was supposed to be a response to another post, this one by backwardsk:

Buck's going to let Angelos know that he was contacted by another AL East team for a promotion. Guess we should let him out of his contract too

I HATE it when a professional athlete says something like that. Howcan you say that after signing a 200-plus million dollar contract to pitch 30-35 times a year? It's tomfoolery.

That's easy for someone to say when they don't ever have to worry about where their next meal will be paid for.

I HATE it when a professional athlete says something like that. Howcan you say that after signing a 200-plus million dollar contract to pitch 30-35 times a year? It's tomfoolery.

That's easy for someone to say when they don't ever have to worry about where their next meal will be paid for.

SCHERZER: "When I was a kid, I always dreamed of being a Washington Natio ........."

MAX'S AGENT: "Max !!! Max !!! The Nationals were in Montreal when you were a kid."

SCHERZER: "Uh ...... yeah ...... like I was saying, I always dreamed of playing for a team that had a red uniform when I was a kid, and now my dream has come to fruition."

Scherzer: But it's just Monopoly money!

Most likely Buck is giving PA advice on players to accept in the transaction, and taking about GM replacement possibilities.

Shouldn't that be an AGM or Director of Pro Scouting or someone who's job description is to know about all the players in the other systems? I'm sure Buck is generally up to speed but knowing the ins and outs of the Blue Jays farm system isn't really his job, right? At least I hope Baltimore has someone more qualified to weigh in on that than the manager of their major league club.

Angelos posturing for compensation?

Likely? No. Certainly Angelos is an accomplished attorney and is well versed in negotiations and leverage. But he also has avoided the media spotlight for years. So for Angelos to come out publicly twice in six weeks and vehemently declare that Duquette will remain with the Orioles speaks volumes. It would be surprising if Angelos backpedaled from those statements just to get a better prospect from Toronto. He has built a reputation for standing by his words and beliefs — even if they are unpopular.

BaltimoreSun

Shouldn't that be an AGM or Director of Pro Scouting or someone who's job description is to know about all the players in the other systems? I'm sure Buck is generally up to speed but knowing the ins and outs of the Blue Jays farm system isn't really his job, right? At least I hope Baltimore has someone more qualified to weigh in on that than the manager of their major league club.

I believe there is no transaction. That is my belief.

DD is best to keep his mouth shut right now about it, and just let Buck talk about it.

"I talked to Dan today. I saw him. I trust and I know our club is running the way it should be in the offseason. I'm very proud to work with Dan."

----------

But Showalter shrugged off the uncertainty.

"We're fine," he said. "The way we've set it up, it kind of runs itself. We've got a lot of good people in place, including Dan, and I'm looking forward to the season."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-pathfinders-0122-20150121-story.html

It sounds like the meeting went well. Well, not for Ed Rogers I guess.

Archived