Buck meeting with Angelos today...

Bazooka Jones

All you folks clamoring for Dan to go will be very disappointed with the compensation. I'd see what we could get for him this time next year. Or the year after.

Better than a disgruntled bitter GM who doesn't want to be here. Just let the man go and kick Toronto's ass in the regular season.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An easy move would just be to have Buck manage the team this year then slide into the GM role next year. However Buck is just too darn valuable as a manager and an in game manager. We basically just need someone this year to help shuttle pitchers back and forth between Norfolk and help play the waiver wire. There's not much to do at this point. Shouldn't even be a big deal until the trade deadline. Nobody left to sign and no pending FA's are looking like they want to negotiate.

Better than a disgruntled bitter GM who doesn't want to be here. Just let the man go and kick Toronto's ass in the regular season.

If there is no adequate compensation I'd rather Duquette do nothing than have him actively work against the Orioles in Toronto. If they end up doing better than the Orioles, that will affect wins, and that in turn will affect revenue, and that will affect jobs.

Speaking of Rasmus, wonder how bad of an impression he made on Buck for us to not sign him for one year?

IDK but I would bet that Buck didn't think he was a must sign or it would have happened. As Weams as said there are pieces in the minors that at least have the potential to fill the Rasmus role. The front office has been good at moving pieces to get acceptable results.

Speaking of Rasmus, wonder how bad of an impression he made on Buck for us to not sign him for one year?

From every report the Orioles wanted but at 7 million. Also there are no state taxes in Texas. Rasmus also said he has friends in the Houston area and he wants to play with younger guys.

The O's are going to have to have a short list of candidates they want to replace Duq. I assume that's primarily what Buck and Angelos are discussing. It sounds like Duq could be gone any day now. It'd be nice if they get some compensation, but finding a good replacement in a timely fashion is more important.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>.<a href="https://twitter.com/FadooBobcat">@FadooBobcat</a> says he has been told that Paul Beeston will be retained by <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BlueJays?src=hash">#BlueJays</a> as president for 2015 season. New prez in for 2016.</p>— Ben Nicholson-Smith (@bnicholsonsmith) <a href="

">January 21, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reading between the lines with Roch's posts/tweets, his agent wanted him in Baltimore and the O's thought they had or were pretty close to a deal at $7MM and then Rasmus pulled out. Not the other way around.

The O's are going to have to have a short list of candidates they want to replace Duq. I assume that's primarily what Buck and Angelos are discussing. It sounds like Duq could be gone any day now. It'd be nice if they get some compensation, but finding a good replacement in a timely fashion is more important.

Where are you getting that?

Archived