Buck meeting with Angelos today...

Bazooka Jones

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Huh. Serves me right.

To be fair, I double checked the ages of the 40-man roster (which actually has 41 players at the moment) and at the start of the season, the average age will be 27.49. So the list is correct on that.

Half of those players (21) will be ages 27-30.

Kim Ng....I would vote for her as GM. make Buck the EX VP (2016) and let him pick the next manager.

Kim Ng started with the White Sox front office and then to the Yankees and then the Dodgers and now works in the offices for MLB.

Excluded.

If DD stays, then he will do his job to the utmost of his ability. Nothing will prevent him more from ever getting another contract from anywhere in baseball than if he goes negative and counterproductive during the rest of this contract. He knows that and will do nothing but his best because that is by far what is in his own best interest.

How do we or anyone if he is doing his best? Is this offseason his best or is his mind preoccupied? And Angelos seems to be painted as a villian in this situation. If DD stays and doesn't do his best, PA will just take the fall as the cheap meddling owner that held DD hostage and wouldn't let him do anything. It's a No win situation.

How do we or anyone if he is doing his best? Is this offseason his best or is his mind preoccupied? And Angelos seems to be painted as a villian in this situation. If DD stays and doesn't do his best, PA will just take the fall as the cheap meddling owner that held DD hostage and wouldn't let him do anything. It's a No win situation.

I guess the year is ruined then.

The Blue Jays have done a very good job of poisoning the well. I think we should respond in spring training with fastballs to the mid-section.

I would give Buck a lot of weight on who he thinks would be a great GM. You really have to wonder if Buck would ever want to be a GM himself. I just couldn't see it. He's such a master at the on the field aspect of the game, I would hate to see him become a GM and flounder.
I also believe that Buck's talents lie with being a manager, interact with the players, be closer to actual games than he would as a GM. I believe that Buck would much perfer to be a manager than a GM or some other sort of executive.

Archived