So what free agents are still out there

atomic

I took a look at what was left in regards to legitimate MLB talent that was left in the free agent market. Might have missed some but this is the guys I saw out there. Any interest in any of them (I know we aren't getting Shields or Soriano)

James Shields

Burke Badenhop

Rafael Soriano

Geovany Soto

Chris Young

Rickie Weeks

Francisco Rodriguez

Mike Adams

Joba Chamberlain

Tim Stauffer

Craig Breslow

Matt Belisle

Rafael Betancourt

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd still like for them to take a flyer on Brandon Beachy...you know when he passes the physical.

I would love this. He could ease back into it this year through the bullpen and starts as needed with an eye on the 2016 rotation since we're losing a couple guys there should be more room then.

At some point Shields could be attractive if his price drops far enough and it appears that could be happening.

I realize we really don't need another starting pitcher, but getting him cheap opens the door for some interesting trades.

Granted he isn't a good fit in OPACY and Fenway with his penchant for fly balls to left center (Buster Onley) but the guy has averaged an ERA+ of 111 and 227 IP over 9 seasons.

Bad signs for a multi year deal at age 33, but good signs for a short term deal.

You can never have enough pitching.

Dan will be looking for a RH reliever and a utility infielder to sign to minor league contracts. Some one to call up if injuries or non performance happens. Someone of JP Arencibia caliber.

I like Elliott Johnson as the minor league uti inf. He is a s/h and plays both inf and o/f and his main asset is speed.

We have plenty of RH relievers. Who do you bump for someone you are taking a flier on like Adams? Chamberlain isn't better than anyone we already have. Soriano must be holding out for 5M+. If we sign anyone, it's most likely on a minor league contract for depth.

I will always be grateful to Chamberlain for his contributions to the O's in the ALDS.

I think Breslow and Betancourt have already signed with other teams.

I like Badenhop and Adams as potential relief arms.

I agree with srock above. I'd go after Shields. If we are "all in" this year, it would make sense to have a guy at the top of the rotation that's been through the grind of the pennant chase.

At some point Shields could be attractive if his price drops far enough and it appears that could be happening.

I realize we really don't need another starting pitcher, but getting him cheap opens the door for some interesting trades.

Granted he isn't a good fit in OPACY and Fenway with his penchant for fly balls to left center (Buster Onley) but the guy has averaged an ERA+ of 111 and 227 IP over 9 seasons.

Bad signs for a multi year deal at age 33, but good signs for a short term deal.

You can never have enough pitching.

I think if Shields price ever dropped low enough that the O's would consider him then someone else would be able to offer more. I think I'd pass anyways...the rotation opens up next season some more and there is a decent amount of pitching in FA available. I think you gotta roll with what we have at this point.

I took a look at what was left in regards to legitimate MLB talent that was left in the free agent market. Might have missed some but this is the guys I saw out there. Any interest in any of them (I know we aren't getting Shields or Soriano)

James Shields

Burke Badenhop

Rafael Soriano

Geovany Soto

Chris Young

Rickie Weeks

Francisco Rodriguez

Mike Adams

Joba Chamberlain

Tim Stauffer

Craig Breslow

Matt Belisle