Dan Duquette on MLB Now (Brian Kenney) 2/2/15

justD

I know that Duquette is far from an inspirational speaker, but jeez that was just too lacking in love for the O's, their fans, or the city (in response to Ron Darling's Q about the Blue Jays' dalliance).

I was psyched though to hear him say it's going to be a break-out season for the Gas-man.

Interesting that he talked up Mike Wright.

Wright is a big, strong guy who takes a while to adjust to a new level. No chance he starts the year with the O's. But probably he will be on the shuttle if needs and be up in Sept. Has a good chance to be in the pen in 2016.

Best chance for a rookie to start the year with the O's is probably Garcia or Verrett.

Hassan has an outside spot to stick if De Aza and Snider do not look good against lefties. The better chance is he starts at AAA though. Lough probably takes the 4th OFer spot to start the season. He will have to show he can have a better OBP to get more playing time. He has the skill, he just has to put it together.

Alvarez should wow people with his arm in ST but with Snider being added his chances of staying up are poor.

Interesting that DD mentions Snider at DH. That pushes Pearce to the outfield vs righties at least on a part time basis.

On Toronto: "Well, you know, I wasn't privy to all the conversations but it doesn't look like there's an opportunity there right now...."

I'm over Duquette leaving. He just needs to make sure we have a good draft, extend the people he needs to extend and sign some of our potential free agents. When he finishes those tasks, he can go anywhere hr likes as far as I'm concerned.

Wright is a big, strong guy who takes a while to adjust to a new level. No chance he starts the year with the O's. But probably he will be on the shuttle if needs and be up in Sept. Has a good chance to be in the pen in 2016.

Best chance for a rookie to start the year with the O's is probably Garcia or Verrett.

Hassan has an outside spot to stick if De Aza and Snider do not look good against lefties. The better chance is he starts at AAA though. Lough probably takes the 4th OFer spot to start the season. He will have to show he can have a better OBP to get more playing time. He has the skill, he just has to put it together.

Alvarez should wow people with his arm in ST but with Snider being added his chances of staying up are poor.

Interesting that DD mentions Snider at DH. That pushes Pearce to the outfield vs righties at least on a part time basis.

I think you see Snider in RF most of the time, but I think the DH comment is more about getting players in the field and keeping everyone fresh. I think Snider sees more playing time this year than he has before. By being able to put him in DH some that could help keep him fresher.

Archived