Reimold could make an impact if healthy

wildcard

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Buck makes a lot of positive comments like this every spring. That said, Reimold has done well.

Yeah, comparing Reimold to Pearce is some lofty praise, probably some hyperbole on Buck's part. But it's starting to look more and more like Reimold will make a positive contribution to the O's at some point this year.

If Lough's hamstring is gimpy, maybe there's a spot for him.

Most assume the spot for Lough would go to Paredes. Doesn't seem like a DD move to remove a guy or two from the roster to add a guy on a minor league deal when they are all about even.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most assume the spot for Lough would go to Paredes. Doesn't seem like a DD move to remove a guy or two from the roster to add a guy on a minor league deal when they are all about even.

I know that most assume that.

and i dont buy the about even part.

the 4th OF on a Buck manage team, is going to be a plus defender and able to play a quality CF.

the 4th OF on a Buck manage team, is going to be a plus defender and able to play a quality CF.

Do you respond to every post that is even remotely non-Lough pro-Paredes about the 4th OFer needing to have plus defense?

Is it really a concern with De Aza on the roster?

Do you respond to every post that is even remotely non-Lough pro-Paredes about the 4th OFer needing to have plus defense?

De Aza is the one to move, in my opinion. More expensive, less years of control, not very good.

You might be right.

But, you also take away, the defensive substitution of Buck's hand, if your 4th OF is Young or equal.

De Aza is the one to move, in my opinion. More expensive, less years of control, not very good.

And for that very reason he is harder to move. We acquired him for two non-factors that will most likely never see MLB. What do you expect to get back for him?

You might be right.

But, you also take away, the defensive substitution of Buck's hand, if your 4th OF is Young or equal.

When we get into these kind of what ifs, we are discussing something that could be for only a few innings in a very rare circumstance. Hell, worst case move Davis to RF.

When we get into these kind of what ifs, we are discussing something that could be for only a few innings in a very rare circumstance. Hell, worst case move Davis to RF.

I dont see Davis in RF as a defensive substitution in a tight game.

Who was our 4th OFer that could play CF at the start of last season?

Lough to center Cruz to left.

I thought the premise was that the fourth OF has to be able to back up CF, Buck has said so, or so I've been told. But that didn't happen last season because Lough was in LF. And it doesn't have to happen this season because De Aza can slide over also.

I thought the premise was that the fourth OF has to be able to back up CF, Buck has said so, or so I've been told. But that didn't happen last season because Lough was in LF. And it doesn't have to happen this season because De Aza can slide over also.

Welp, if you want to get technical about things, Lough was the fourth outfielder to start last season.

Cruz played in left on opening day.

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=340331101&teams=boston-red-sox-vs-baltimore-orioles

Archived