Reimold could make an impact if healthy

wildcard

We did not know that we could get Snider. We needed a starting outfielder. So much of Lough's WAR is from defensive metrics which are still, at best, volatile.

I do not disagree with that Weams, but still, I am sure they would love to off load his contract right now. I doubt if that's possible, but maybe in spring training someone will sustain an OF injury and we can unload him.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unfortunately, that ship has already sailed.

I know it's spring training but Young is putting up a 410 OPS right now.

He isn't making so much money that he should feel his job is safe.

I do agree with what Weams was suggesting and that Dan won't make a roster effecting move until there are some regular season games played.

You just know Brady is in Buck's ear.

I know it's spring training but Young is putting up a 410 OPS right now.

He isn't making so much money that he should feel his job is safe.

I do agree with what Weams was suggesting and that Dan won't make a roster effecting move until there are some regular season games played.

You just know Brady is in Buck's ear.

Unless Buck uses Young as he did last season I think he gets overexposed.

I think that is a given.

How he acquired his statistics last year makes me question the repeatability of his season.

Do you believe Reimold would outperform Young over the course of the season? When healthy, they are essentially the same player to me. Look at the 162 game averages below. But I have very little faith Reimold can stay healthy. To me, it doesn't make sense to get rid of Young in order to keep Reimold.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/y/youngde03.shtml

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/r/reimono01.shtml

I think Nolan is nothing but injury insurance/depth for Delmon. He starts in Norfolk. If he really hits down there and stays healthy for April and May, then maybe we trade Delmon and bring up Nolan. But I can't see carrying both Delmon and Nolan and I can't see getting rid of Young for Nolan.

Do you believe Reimold would outperform Young over the course of the season? When healthy, they are essentially the same player to me. Look at the 162 game averages below. But I have very little faith Reimold can stay healthy. To me, it doesn't make sense to get rid of Young in order to keep Reimold.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/y/youngde03.shtml

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/r/reimono01.shtml

I think Nolan is nothing but injury insurance/depth for Delmon. He starts in Norfolk. If he really hits down there and stays healthy for April and May, then maybe we trade Delmon and bring up Nolan. But I can't see carrying both Delmon and Nolan and I can't see getting rid of Young for Nolan.

I see Young with a career OPS+ of 99 and Reimold with a career OPS+ of 103.

I see Reimold as someone who can steal a base if they need to.

I see Reimold as having a career ISO of .188, Young is at .141.

I see Reimold as having a career walk rate of 9.3%, Young is at 4.2%.

Young has Reimold by about 30 points in batting average, other then that Reimold is the superior hitter.

I see Young with a career OPS+ of 99 and Reimold with a career OPS+ of 103.

I see Reimold as someone who can steal a base if they need to.

I see Reimold as having a career ISO of .188, Young is at .141.

I see Reimold as having a career walk rate of 9.3%, Young is at 4.2%.

Young has Reimold by about 30 points in batting average, other then that Reimold is the superior hitter.

I don't think citing career stats is too meaningful for Reimold given how little time he has spent on the field the last few years. I'm not saying there's no chance he can be better than Young, just that I have no idea what he's capable of, or whether he can stay on the field.

I don't think citing career stats is too meaningful for Reimold given how little time he has spent on the field the last few years. I'm not saying there's no chance he can be better than Young, just that I have no idea what he's capable of, or whether he can stay on the field.

Frobby, jtschrei said that the two were similar hitters and then I responded. How else exactly was I supposed to respond to jtschrei's post? You think I should have used just last season? How would that have been useful?

Now we all know I am a Reimold fan and want Young off the team, with that out of the way I think my comparison, which once again was in response to jtschrei's post, was fair.

Well, I am a Reimold fan, too, but I think the prudent thing is to start him in Niegolk and see how he does, then bring him up when someone on the roster gets hurt or falters badly -- if he's showing he's better than Urrutia and Alvarez.

Well, I am a Reimold fan, too, but I think the prudent thing is to start him in Niegolk and see how he does, then bring him up when someone on the roster gets hurt or falters badly -- if he's showing he's better than Urrutia and Alvarez.

He should do well in Niegolk. Isn't that in middle earth, somewhere near the shire? Those guys have no putaway pitch. :)

Archived