Reimold could make an impact if healthy

wildcard

This quote doesn't exactly support your claim. He has said nothing about DeAza's tenure with the Os.

And based on your own assumptions about Buck, do you really think they would have rendered DeAza is he had been lazy in September?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We need a lesson in reading comprehension here. I never said that Buck said it about de Aza while he was an Oriole. You are the one twisting what I said. What I said was "Meanwhile, Buck has said de Aza has a reputation of being lazy and Alejandro is not hitting so far. " That statement is correct according to Buck's quote.

And if you can comprehend it. What Buck says in the quote and what the meaning of it is that he didn't have to worry about de Aza reputation for being lazy because Adam would never allow that kind of behavior from de Aza while he was a Oriole.

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lough increased his chances of starting the season on the DL today. Hamstring problems for a good part of the spring and now back spasms. And that is in 80 degree weather. Put him in Baltimore and Boston in April and he may be in trouble. I'd say his odds of a DL stay are high.

Let's stop looking at opening day and think about the season as a whole. Buck likes the way Reimold is playing. He likes his OBP. Buck needs a leadoff hitter. He says Reimold is healthy and moving well.

Buck says Alvarez has the best arm in camp of the outfielders. Throws from right field to 3B on the fly. Sound like Manny's arm on an outfielder. And he is hitting. How long do you think he stays at AAA. A month? Maybe two?

Meanwhile, Buck has said de Aza has a reputation of being lazy and Alejandro is not hitting so far. Snider has got some hits but is showing no power. I'm not saying when it will happen but these two better step up because they have talented guys breathing down their backs right now.

Who do you think Buck wants to go to war with?[/QUOTE]

I don't believe Buck wants to go to war with an overloaded right-handed hitting lineup, except when there's a talented lefty starter opposing them. So it seems doubtful that he replaces two or three left-handed hitting outfielders with two right-handed hitters on a regular basis. Despite already having De Aza and Lough available, Dan and Buck went after Snider to add another left-handed hitter.

That would depend on whether the righthanded bats can hit both lefties and righties. It does matter which side of the plate you bat from. Its matters who you can hit.

We need a lesson in reading comprehension here. I never said that Buck said it about de Aza while he was an Oriole. You are the one twisting what I said. What I said was "Meanwhile, Buck has said de Aza has a reputation of being lazy and Alejandro is not hitting so far. " That statement is correct according to Buck's quote.

And if you can comprehend it. What Buck says in the quote and what the meaning of it is that he didn't have to worry about de Aza reputation for being lazy because Adam would never allow that kind of behavior from de Aza while he was a Oriole.

And Buck is absolutely giving starting slots to De Aza and to Travis Snider. And spring training stats do not make much impact. No matter how we would like to spin them.

Hahaha. Thanks for the reading comprehension lesson. Needed a good laugh today.

What is your point in talking about Buck calling him lazy if it wasn't meant to be in a negative context.

Buck has never said anything approaching "de Aza is lazy." You know that. The point of your post was to give that impression. That is obvious. Your post was unfair in that regard. The sole purpose of that portion of your post was to paint de Aza in a negative light. After all, a perceived reputation with a prior team and early spring training batting statistics this year with the Orioles are totally unrelated; and using Buck's name as if it was his opinion is just plain wrong.

Buck has never said anything approaching "de Aza is lazy." You know that. The point of your post was to give that impression. That is obvious. Your post was unfair in that regard. The sole purpose of that portion of your post was to paint de Aza in a negative light. After all, a perceived reputation with a prior team and early spring training batting statistics this year with the Orioles are totally unrelated; and using Buck's name as if it was his opinion is just plain wrong.

Reading comprehension, reading comprehension, reading comprehension.

I never said, Buck said de Aza is lazy. I said, Buck said de Aza had the reputation of being lazy. reading comprehension.

Reputation defined by Webster - the common opinion that people have about someone or something : the way in which people think of someone or something.

De Aza was with Chicago for 5 years. He was with the O's for a month and 7 playoff games. His reputation does go away or change that fast.

And Buck is absolutely giving starting slots to De Aza and to Travis Snider. And spring training stats do not make much impact. No matter how we would like to spin them.

And where did I say that De Aza and Snider would not start the season with starting slot. I said look as the whole season. Boy, reading comprehension.

Reading comprehension, reading comprehension, reading comprehension.

I never said, Buck said de Aza is lazy. I said, Buck said de Aza had the reputation of being lazy. reading comprehension.

Reputation defined by Webster - the common opinion that people have about someone or something : the way in which people think of someone or something.

De Aza was with Chicago for 5 years. He was with the O's for a month and 7 playoff games. His reputation does go away or change that fast.

There is no doubt what your meaning was, no matter how much back-pedaling you try. Your post clearly implied that Buck thinks de Aza is lazy. You know it, and we all know it. There is simply no other reason for you to have posted what you did in the way that you did. You've been called on it, and are now attempting to claim it was a totally unrelated happenstance that you just happened to remember that Buck said something about de Aza's former reputation and oh, by the way de Aza is hitting poorly this spring. Yeah, right.

There is no doubt what your meaning was, no matter how much back-pedaling you try. Your post clearly implied that Buck thinks de Aza is lazy. You know it, and we all know it. There is simply no other reason for you to have posted what you did in the way that you did. You've been called on it, and are now attempting to claim it was a totally unrelated happenstance that you just happened to remember that Buck said something about de Aza's former reputation and oh, by the way de Aza is hitting poorly this spring. Yeah, right.

The only thing that has been proven here is that reading comprehension can not be taught on message board.

The only thing that has been proven here is that reading comprehension can not be taught on message board.

Sounds like you got your panties in a wad. Especially since you read more into meaningless things than most people on this board. You still haven't answered several questions about your intent in posting about DeAza's reputation.

Everyone's comprehension is just fine. Your meaning was crystal clear. Yes, of course, we know that you knew that Buck didn't say de Aza was lazy. That is the whole point.

Sounds like you got your panties in a wad. Especially since you read more into meaningless things than most people on this board. You still haven't answered several questions about your intent in posting about DeAza's reputation.

Just say good night. This has run its course. I can fight for a while when people twist my words but there comes a point when it just not worth it. Time to move on.

Just say good night. This has run its course. I can fight for a while when people twist my words but there comes a point when it just not worth it. Time to move on.

And yet still not answer the question. Shocking. Guess I am not the only one apparently lacking reading comprehension.

I would hate to see us do something like release Delmon Young and then Reimold blow up injured again. I think DD would be making Reimold prove being able to stay healthy at Norfolk for a while before doing other moves. But Nolan is clearly a Buck (and probably Brady and Palmer) favorite.

Definitely a Brady favorite. Brady was his most vocal supporter during last year's comeback attempt.

Archived