Reimold could make an impact if healthy

wildcard

Well, I am a Reimold fan, too, but I think the prudent thing is to start him in Niegolk and see how he does, then bring him up when someone on the roster gets hurt or falters badly -- if he's showing he's better than Urrutia and Alvarez.

I never said it wasn't the prudent move to make. I said as much when I agreed with Weams earlier today.

What I do think is that Reimold would outproduce Young.

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's say that Reimold is back and capable of being a contributor. Fun fact. Nolan Reimold has 5 years and 4 days of service time in the majors. If he were to start the year on the 25 man roster and prove himself to be a potential regular for next year, he would qualify for free agency in 2016. Reimold needs to start in the minors to 1) prove himself and 2) keep him from being a FA if he does prove himself.

That is a fun fact.

Reimold has definitely provided an amazing amount of discussion fodder on the board for an amazing number of years. But clearly, Reimold does not equal young. Young without a capital letter, that is. Reimold is 31 years old. Nolan has only played more than 100 games once in his career and over 80 only twice. He's a great "what if" player to discuss, but impossible to project...and using his age in the projection is not flattering to Reimold. Unless of course, he's a young 31. :wedge: Thank you, thank you very much. I'll be the airport holiday inn all week.

Reimold has definitely provided an amazing amount of discussion fodder on the board for an amazing number of years. But clearly, Reimold does not equal young. Young without a capital letter, that is. Reimold is 31 years old. Nolan has only played more than 100 games once in his career and over 80 only twice. He's a great "what if" player to discuss, but impossible to project...and using his age in the projection is not flattering to Reimold. Unless of course, he's a young 31. :wedge: Thank you, thank you very much. I'll be the airport holiday inn all week.

Thank goodness no one is suggesting he be penciled in as the everyday right fielder.

That's an incredible amount of service time for a guy who has played in 315 major league games. He's only been on the field about 40% of the time.

I wonder how many days Reimold has been on the ML disabled list. Those count toward service time, don't they?

I wonder how many days Reimold has been on the ML disabled list. Those count toward service time, don't they?

Yes, and the answer is, "a lot."

I don't know exactly, but he was on the DL about 150 days in 2012, maybe 100 days in 2013, and I'd guess 75 days in 2014.

Well, I am a Reimold fan, too, but I think the prudent thing is to start him in Niegolk and see how he does, then bring him up when someone on the roster gets hurt or falters badly -- if he's showing he's better than Urrutia and Alvarez.

I agree. Why move before you have to and forfeit a piece? We are constantly reminded that expecting health from machado, wieters and Davis is foolish. We need all of the depth we can get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived