Reimold could make an impact if healthy

wildcard

The thing about Reimold and injury is that it's not usually the kind of nagging injury (like a chronic hamstring problem) that keeps him off the field. First he tore his Achilles tendon, and the team tried to bring him back too soon. When he was finally healthy, he broke a vertebra diving into the stands for a ball, and then the surgery didn't take. So, while he's missed an inordinate amount of time due to injury, it seems to me that he's had really rotten luck as opposed to being injury prone in the way we usually mean that term.

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can only carry so many outfielders. In my mind they do. Except Reimold would be a more viable platoon player and DH.

Lough or Reimold?

I don't consider Nolan an Outfielder.

If, for some reason it comes to that (and I know you are just messing with me) you go with Lough since Reimold's role is filled by Young and you can keep control of Reimold until June whereas Lough would immediately be claimed.

The thing about Reimold and injury is that it's not usually the kind of nagging injury (like a chronic hamstring problem) that keeps him off the field. First he tore his Achilles tendon, and the team tried to bring him back too soon. When he was finally healthy, he broke a vertebra diving into the stands for a ball, and then the surgery didn't take. So, while he's missed an inordinate amount of time due to injury, it seems to me that he's had really rotten luck as opposed to being injury prone in the way we usually mean that term.

He did have hamstring issues in Toronto last season.

Dang it, dang it, dang it.

I got off the Reimold wagon a while back, love the guy, but figured his time with the team was long ago.

Now, he starts playing well, I am going to root for him to make the roster, and we all know he can't make the entire season. :(

You will need to fill out a new 24 page Reimold Bandwagon application in triplicate.

If, for some reason it comes to that (and I know you are just messing with me) you go with Lough since Reimold's role is filled by Young and you can keep control of Reimold until June whereas Lough would immediately be claimed.

Ok. You choose Lough... right now anyways.

Reimold would certainly play corner OF imo and Young is not being dropped any time soon.

I think you're selling our boy short especially the way he's moving out there. He's serviceable as a fielder and with De Aza on the team we don't need Lough serving the role as 4th OF.

I think you're selling our boy short especially the way he's moving out there. He's serviceable as a fielder and with De Aza on the team we don't need Lough serving the role as 4th OF.

He's serviceable in a Cruz/Young sort of way. Maybe he is better in right but I have never been impressed with his work in left.

He's serviceable in a Cruz/Young sort of way. Maybe he is better in right but I have never been impressed with his work in left.

Too much ground to cover in LF at OPACY. If Nick can play RF with his diminished speed the last five years Nolan should be able to handle it.

Too much ground to cover in LF at OPACY. If Nick can play RF with his diminished speed the last five years Nolan should be able to handle it.

Agreed. I don't generally gamble on players; but this season I would with Reimold - can he make a positive impact on the club this season? - I think Heck yeah! This is his opportunity, and think he will pick up where he left off in '12. Role the dice, put him on the roster- I believe this is his year. Everyone is a little worried where we're going to make up for the missing power in our lineup with Cruz gone, well putting him in the lineup is your answer. :thumbsup1:

Well if it makes it easier on you, the Home Run and Double were just struck from the official record.

Who cares if those hits were not in his official spring record. The decision makers know he got those hits.

Archived