Henry Urrutia looking to help Orioles fill void in right field

PressBoxOnline

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think they are replacing the LH DH role. Wieters was playing that role on off-days, and of course Paredes otherwise. Wieters is now hurt (DL?) and Parades is out of time. Wieters to the DL. Maybe Parades too.

If Paredes passes through waivers he will be required to accept an outright assignment to the O's minor league system as this would be the first time he has been outrighted.

The same is true for Lough.

Reimold has 5 years of service so he can refuse an assignment.

I hope you are joking with the "ML Experience". For that to be helpful it has be be good ML experience.

Ability to play the OF? Can he really play the outfield to Buck's standards? Don't know about that.

Nolan Reimold and Delmon Young played for Buck.

Nolan Reimold and Delmon Young played for Buck.

Good points.

Young played the outfield because Buck expected him to hit.

Nolan is not a terrible outfielder IMO. He's kind of in the margins.

I really don't have an appreciation for how good or bad Urrutia has become in the OF.

Yes, true. But this move is about getting some pop into the lineup. That is why I find it puzzling to pick Urrutia over Mancini.

As weams adroitly pointed out, Henry's on the 40 man roster. I suspect that was a factor in their decision.

As weams adroitly pointed out, Henry's on the 40 man roster. I suspect that was a factor in their decision.

At this point Bundy is not even playing in the minors. If they put him on the 60 day DL he could be activated the next day because he has been out so long. The money he would get paid in not that much more than what he is getting under his contract.

So Bundy's roster spot is basically an open spot if he is place on the 60 day DL.

This is a 28 year old that can't even dominate at AAA. What is he going to do for us exactly?

If dominating AAA was a prerequisite to getting called up there would be a lot of holes to fill on the MLB team. For every team. Urrutia has pretty decent splits against right handed pitching in a very unfavorable hitting environment.

Archived