Hunter Harvey touches 96 MPH in Spring appearance

Slade-OH

There has been a lot of talk of young kids taking huge jumps in velocity, getting the big contracts, then suddenly losing velocity in the pros once they can be tested. Coincidence, perhaps, but something to think about when a kid shows up in pro ball and has lost 3-4 MPH off his high school fastball.

Clearly this is not an issue with Harvey since he's added velocity since going pro.

I've heard this talked about ;)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• You’d have to think that Irvin is available out of the pen tonight if need be for an inning or possibly just to face Soto in a one off in the 6th/7th/8th.  I haven’t heard anything official as to if Irvin or Suarez will be starting any of our next series. I’m sure it’s a wait and see approach with Bradish tomorrow.  With that said… I could see Irvin being used over the next two days if we really need too.
    • If you are working in the strike zone, the ball is going to get hit. If you are nibbling, looking to make the perfect pitch and get chases, you might get more whiffs and K’s, but will run up the pitch count. Kremer was 56% in the zone last night - went 7 innings. Grayson was 49% in the zone and didn’t make it 6.
    • No, I mean the good kind. Not one’s of the useless variety…lol
    • I’m not sure either to be honest. At their ages we are not in a rush. They both have things to continue to work on. Maybe this Summer for one or both? Will there be a need? Will there be injuries? If Santander and Urias continue to underperform into June/July, it’s possible. I don’t see Mayo’s defense being good enough to displace Westburg from the INF/3B in the longer term. And I don’t see any rush to bring back Holliday right now. But we now 2B is going to be his position in the longer term.
    • I’d much rather have Jack Flaherty! 
    • Means began his 30 day rehab assignment on 4/31. So it’s looking like today is the day that something has to give. Does he accept an assignment to the minors and let us option him?  Does he force Eias’ hand and we have to DFA one of Baumann/Ramirez today with an already short bullpen?  Does he force his hand and we DFA Means?  Keep in mind that Means is a FA at the end of the year and probably wants to be starting in the MLB somewhere. We’re also adding Bradish tomorrow to start the game. So we could be DFA’ing Ramirez and Baumann over the next two days or optioning Akin simply because Akin has an option. 
  • Popular Contributors