The good and the bad of spring training (through March 31)

Frobby

And Travis Snider doesn't look like the diamond in the rough that everyone predicted...I'd rather have Reimold out there, need to see more...

Cabrera was the best acquisition. Guy came to play.

I was thinking about posting a Reimold or Snider thread. Snider is like the invisible man.

The roster crunch and impending lost players could add to the bad.

In DD and Buck We Trust. They will figure out something and we'll all be impressed. ;)

I have seen "late in the season" reported as Reimold's opt out date, but no actual date. Was July 1st reported somewhere?

Roch the other day. Too lazy to search it but July 1st.

Not too lazy... July anyways, if not July 1.

The Orioles aren't ready to make a final decision on Rule 5 pitchers Logan Verrett and Jason Garcia. They've got a tough one coming with Ryan Webb, who's out of options, and Nolan Reimold, who's batting .303 with a .415 on-base percentage and has a July opt-out in his minor league contract. In the meantime, Chaz Roe figures to be reassigned to the Twin Lakes Park complex.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/03/two-games-and-more-cuts-are-coming-for-orioles.html

Good, not great. A lot of deep counts and pitch count was pretty high early.

From Roch:

Recap: Chris Tillman allowed two runs and three hits in five innings, with no walks and eight strikeouts. He retired 11 of the last 12 batters.

Need to know: Tillman made a terrific play to retire leadoff hitter Josh Harrison in the first inning, reaching back to snatch a hard bouncer up the middle. Never saw the ball, but it found his glove. Tillman threw 85 pitches, 50 for strikes

I'm afraid Bundy will never make it back. Just another bust in a long line of 1st picks. However, we do have Kevin and Hunter after him so maybe they turn the luck around. That's my real only long term concern with all the negatives you posted.

I'm afraid Bundy will never make it back. Just another bust in a long line of 1st picks. However, we do have Kevin and Hunter after him so maybe they turn the luck around. That's my real only long term concern with all the negatives you posted.

Yup-- he's 22 years old now. Practically has a foot in the grave. Time to pack it in and find a new career, big guy.

Not every prospect ever makes it all the way to the bigs and becomes what you expected them to.

Which is why you have multiple prospects.

Archived