2007 ACC Tournament Thread

Mackus

I'm gonna go out on a limb and pick FSU to win it. Will they? Probably not. But I'd look pretty damn smart if they did!

Wow, now that is a prediction!! Nicely done! Also, I'm leaning towards changing my mind and picking a shocker for tomorrow...Wake Forest over Georgia Tech....Can't wait to get it started.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, now that is a prediction!! Nicely done! Also, I'm leaning towards changing my mind and picking a shocker for tomorrow...Wake Forest over Georgia Tech....Can't wait to get it started.
Just so you guys don't think I'm pulling this out of my....thin...air...I think FSU could win because:

1.) They're close to home

2.) Al Thornton

3.) They're desperate for wins to make the NCAAs

4.) Al Thornton

They and GT are the only teams who are really on the bubble at this point, so they're hungry.

Just so you guys don't think I'm pulling this out of my....thin...air...I think FSU could win because:

2.) Al Thornton

4.) Al Thornton

They and GT are the only teams who are really on the bubble at this point, so they're hungry.

I disagree with #1 and #3. I'd say #1 should be Al Thornton and #3 should probably be Al Thornton.

Theres always a chance of victory when you have the best player in the conference on your team. Other things need to go right, but one guy can will you to a conference tournament championship. Recent examples include John Gilchrist, Gerry McNamara, and Lamar Odom.

I disagree with #1 and #3. I'd say #1 should be Al Thornton and #3 should probably be Al Thornton.

Theres always a chance of victory when you have the best player in the conference on your team. Other things need to go right, but one guy can will you to a conference tournament championship. Recent examples include John Gilchrist, Gerry McNamara, and Lamar Odom.

You disagree that they're close to home?:D

You disagree that they're close to home?:D

Sure helped us 2 years ago, didn't it? ;) Best $325 I ever spent, 10 games and we lost the first one to Klempsun. And the Chris Paul-led Wake and the eventual champion Tar Heels lost early, so I couldn't even sell my championship game tickets for anything resembling a fair price.

Sure helped us 2 years ago, didn't it? ;) Best $325 I ever spent, 10 games and we lost the first one to Klempsun. And the Chris Paul-led Wake and the eventual champion Tar Heels lost early, so I couldn't even sell my championship game tickets for anything resembling a fair price.

Yea, the Tar Heels lost to Georgia Tech in the semis.

Technically, Wake wasn't Chris Paul led, because he was suspended for their first round game against NC State, and they lost without him.

2.) Al Thornton

4.) Al Thornton

Getting Toney Douglas is the biggest thing in my book. He saved the day twice last weekend against Miami. I don't think they beat Carolina Friday (of course), but they should beat Clemson tomorrow.

Yea, the Tar Heels lost to Georgia Tech in the semis.

Technically, Wake wasn't Chris Paul led, because he was suspended for their first round game against NC State, and they lost without him.

I know, which pissed me off even more. Wake hadn't played at Maryland that year, and I really was looking forward to seeing Paul in person. There truly could not have been a worse scenario for the ACC Tournament in Washington.

They'll be lucky to beat Clemson.

The Clemson-FSU and Duke-State games are definitely the two I'm looking forward to the most.

I cant wait to see Thornton live and in person, and I also really want to see how Duke reacts to the Henderson sitaution and if State can pull an upset.

They'll be lucky to beat Clemson.

Lucky? They are better than Clemson.

Now, Clemson can beat them obviously but i don't see it happening.

And with the lapses UNC has on defense from time to time, i think FSU could be a dangerous team for the Heels to play.

Lucky? They are better than Clemson.

Now, Clemson can beat them obviously but i don't see it happening.

And with the lapses UNC has on defense from time to time, i think FSU could be a dangerous team for the Heels to play.

Clemson beat FSU twice this season already, don't forget that.

Archived