2007 ACC Tournament Thread

Mackus

UNC is a lock to get to the semis and if I wasn't a homer and held out the hope MD can knock them out in the semifinals I would say a lock for the finals. Im like 95% sure the good UNC team is showing up for this tourny and if that happens they are gonna be pretty much impossible to beat. Cream rises to the top and I expect them to roll to the title.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My predictions:

1st Round:

Maryland over Miami

Georgia Tech over Wake

Duke over NCST

FSU over Clemson

2nd Round:

UNC over FSU

Virginia over Duke

Georgia Tech over Viginia Tech

Maryland over Boston College

3rd Round:

Maryland over UNC

Virginia over Georgia Tech

Final:

Maryland over Virginia

UNC is a lock to get to the semis and if I wasn't a homer and held out the hope MD can knock them out in the semifinals I would say a lock for the finals. Im like 95% sure the good UNC team is showing up for this tourny and if that happens they are gonna be pretty much impossible to beat. Cream rises to the top and I expect them to roll to the title.

Ex-squeeze me???? :confused:

Cream is all slow and white and fatty. However, Terps are pretty slow also - but slow and steady .....

Enough with anal (pun intended) - ogies. I love my Terps but I see UVA doing the destiny thing. :( (Yardbirds13 agree? :) )

FSU is up 38-36 at the half. Thorton had a big half with 18 points.
And 14 of those points came in the last 8 minutes.

Starting with their game against Miami last weekend, it looks like Thornton has decided to be the guy the rest of the way this season. He really wants to get them to the tournament. Should be a great finish to today's game and hopefully if FSU wins they can give UNC a tough game.

And 14 of those points came in the last 8 minutes.

Starting with their game against Miami last weekend, it looks like Thornton has decided to be the guy the rest of the way this season. He really wants to get them to the tournament. Should be a great finish to today's game and hopefully if FSU wins they can give UNC a tough game.

Thorton is a beast...Looks like he is a top 10 pick this year.

FSU needs this win today to get into the tourney..I think they should be in if they win but i don't think it is a slam dunk.

I do think they will beat UNC tommorrow and i think Thornton will be the main reason why.

If FSU doesn't win today (which I think they will) it will be because they play stupid. Hamilton is a very good coach, but why he doesn't give the ball to Thornton every single play is beyond me. He should at least touch the ball every set. Its been 4 minutes in the 2nd half and he hasn't taken a shot yet (at least according to the gamecast I'm following online).

If FSU doesn't win today (which I think they will) it will be because they play stupid. Hamilton is a very good coach, but why he doesn't give the ball to Thornton every single play is beyond me. He should at least touch the ball every set. Its been 4 minutes in the 2nd half and he hasn't taken a shot yet (at least according to the gamecast I'm following online).
Yeah, not to compare the two, but Thornton is FSU's own Durant right now. He's just playing out of his mind, and you've gotta give him the rock.

Again, they'll be lucky to beat Clemson. Why everyone loves FSU is beyond me.

BEcause they have the best player on the court against pretty much every team they play and they can shoot.

They are also a top 10 FT shooting team.

Tie game, just over a minute left.

BEcause they have the best player on the court against pretty much every team they play and they can shoot.

They are also a top 10 FT shooting team.

Tie game, just over a minute left.

Yes, but they were the 9th best team in the ACC this year, reading these posts you would think they were #9 in the country...They're ok, don't get me wrong, but this FSU love is a bit much.

Again, they'll be lucky to beat Clemson. Why everyone loves FSU is beyond me.

Like Rob said, they have without a doubt the best player in the conference and are the best FT shooting team in the conference. They're definitely a dangerous team. They've got their weaknesses, which is why they can play tight with a team like Clemson, but they've also got their strengths, which is why they could shock a team like UNC.

Archived