2007 ACC Tournament Thread

Mackus

I'm sure we'll break out individual threads for each Terp game, but we can discuss the tourney itself and other games in this one.

Here's the seeds and first/second round games:

1. UNC

2. UVa

3. VT

4. BC

5. Md

6. GT

7. Duke

8. Clemson

9. FSU

10. NC St

11. Wake

12. Miami

Games:

5. Md v 12. Miami - winner plays 4. Boston College

6. GT v 11. Wake - winner plays 3. Virginia Tech

7. Duke v. 10 NC State - winner 2. plays Virginia

8. Clemson v 9. FSU - winner plays 1. North Carolina

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My predictions:

1st Round:

Maryland over Miami

Georgia Tech over Wake

NC State over Duke

FSU over Clemson

2nd Round:

UNC over FSU

Virginia over NC State

Georgia Tech over Viginia Tech

Maryland over Boston College

3rd Round:

UNC over Maryland

Virginia over Georgia Tech

Final:

UNC over Virginia

I like those picks Mackus, especially Carolina winning and dook going out in the first round.

I will differ with you on only one minor point: I think GT will beat UVA in the semis.

As much as I'd love to avenge the 2 losses to VT at some point in the tournament, I'd be content to avenge both the Maryland and GT losses en route to the title.

And as much as I'd love to roll the trifecta against dook this year, I'd be just as happy tp see them go down in flames to State.

I'm not even going to attempt any predictions, but I will say this to UNC fans: Look out for FSU in round 2. They're on the bubble, and they have the best player in the league (if not much else). Just like Tech last week, talent + desperation can make a decent team better.

I'm not even going to attempt any predictions, but I will say this to UNC fans: Look out for FSU in round 2. They're on the bubble, and they have the best player in the league (if not much else). Just like Tech last week, talent + desperation can make a decent team better.

I agree, I really, really wanted to pick FSU over UNC, and I think if either Clemson or FSU can put beat UNC that they'll get into the tournament. With the way Thornton played this weekend, it looks like he knows the only way FSU gets to the dance is if he carries them. This is the reason he came back to school, and I think he's gonna have a great game against both Clemson and UNC. I'd love to see them win and the ACC to get 8 teams.

Round 1:

MAryland over Miami

GT over Wake Forest

Duke over NC State

Florida State over Clemson

Round 2:

UNC over Florida State

Duke over Virginia

Virginia Tech over Georgia Tech

Maryland over Boston College

Round 3:

North Carolina over Maryland

Virginia Tech over Duke

Final:

North Carolina over Virginia Tech

I am literally too frightened to make picks right now. Seriously. I feel like I need to wait until Wednesday afternoon when I'm down in Tampa to do it, because that will have meant I've waited as long as possible to try and forget what happened on Saturday.

Until then, I'll be trying to come up with some rational explanation to pick Virginia to even win one game so you guys don't call me a homer.

I'm just gonna throw this question out there, and see what people think:

Is there anyone, anyone, that thinks that UVa can beat Duke (assuming Duke beats State)?

I'm pretty sure I'm the only UVa fan on the board, and I might have to get drunk to convince myself we can beat them.

Round 1:

MD over Miami

Duke over NC St

FSU over Clemson

GT over Wake

Round 2:

Duke over UVA

MD over BC

FSU over UNC

GT over VT

Round 3:

MD over FSU

Duke over GT

Round 4:

Duke over MD

WOW! Talk about a homer pick. Here are some real picks!

RD 1

MD over Miami

Duke over NC State

Clemson over FSU

Ga Tech over Wake

RD 2

VA over Duke

MD over BC

Ga Tech over Va Tech

UNC over Clemson

RD 3

UNC over MD-very close hard fought game.

Ga Tech over VA

Final

UNC over Ga Tech

Maryland loses a great game mainly due to being tired and UNC having relative fresh legs. Ga Tech is playing really good ball right now. Maryland gets a much needed extra day off and it is no great dissapointment losing to a rested UNC team.

Is there anyone, anyone, that thinks that UVa can beat Duke (assuming Duke beats State)?

I'm pretty sure I'm the only UVa fan on the board, and I might have to get drunk to convince myself we can beat them.

Why can't you beat Duke. UVA had super quick guards and Duke's guards are too slow to stick with the Terps guards. If Cain can hold his own and either Diane or Joseph get hot down go the Dukies...You've seen the sign..."Beating Duke is so easy that even a caveman could do it!"

Of course you can beat Duke. The X-factor for you, as you said before, is whether Diane and (guy whose name I forget at the moment) hit jumpers. They have you beat down low, but you have better guards.

1st Round

Maryland over Miami

GT over Wake

Duke over NC state

Clemson over Florida State

2nd Round

UNC over Clemson

MD over BC

Virginia over Duke

Georgia Tech over Va Tech

3rd Round

UNC over MD

Georgia Tech over Virginia

Final

UNC over Georgia Tech

Georgia Tech is coming on strong and I see them playing extremely well in the tourney

and BTW...MD earns a 3 seed

WOW! Talk about a homer pick. Here are some real picks!

RD 1

MD over Miami

Duke over NC State

Clemson over FSU

Ga Tech over Wake

RD 2

VA over Duke

MD over BC

Ga Tech over Va Tech

UNC over Clemson

RD 3

UNC over MD-very close hard fought game.

Ga Tech over VA

Final

UNC over Ga Tech

Maryland loses a great game mainly due to being tired and UNC having relative fresh legs. Ga Tech is playing really good ball right now. Maryland gets a much needed extra day off and it is no great dissapointment losing to a rested UNC team.

Perhaps but Duke has a favorable road to the final game IMO.

IMO, GT, MD or Duke will win the tourney. If GT beats Duke, i wouldn't be surprised.

Perhaps but Duke has a favorable road to the final game IMO.

IMO, GT, MD or Duke will win the tourney. If GT beats Duke, i wouldn't be surprised.

It is a homer pick, no doubt. I wouldn't be shocked if they won, but would be surprised.

Archived