2007 ACC Tournament Thread

Mackus

Wow. Simply unreal. Just walked back into the hotel room. What an unbelievable day of basketball. That might be the best round of games I've ever seen. All 4 games came down to the last posession. Anyways, some thoughts:

Florida State over Clemson. Great start to the day, again looked like Thornton simply wasn't going to let them lose. After Hammonds turned the ball over, Thornton walked right up to Leonard Hamilton and was pointing at himself, like "This is my shot". Live, I thought the foul was legit, but after seeing it on TV it was definitely a bad call. But Thornton was huge, and i cant wait to see him against the Heels tomorrow.

Miami over Maryland. Haven't looked at the thread on this game, but I'm guessing you guys are pissed. They looked really flat in the first half. Gist played his worst half of the year. They made a nice run to make it close, but just couldn't get it done. Miami dominated the boards, and Ibekwe was AWFUL. He took about 5 jump shots from outside the paint that he had no business taking, and just all-around played terribly. Tough loss for the Terps, I think they will still be a 5 seed though.

NC State over Duke. Unreal game. Costner was sensational. Paulus played really well for Duke. Atsur, Scheyer, Grant, McRoberts, McCauley, Nelson. Just a lot of players stepping up and making plays. Great end of regulation and overtime was great with both teams scoring back and forth. Great atmosphere as everyone in there was rooting against Duke.

Wake over Georgia Tech. Can words even describe that sh!t? Good god. What a game. This is unreal. I can't even wait for tomorrow!!!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Florida State was the 8 seed, not the 9, but I get your point. I doubt it ever happened before, but that's because we've only had expanded seedings the past couple of years.

FSU was the 9...I'ts gotta be the only time that's happened.

Wow. Simply unreal. Just walked back into the hotel room. What an unbelievable day of basketball. That might be the best round of games I've ever seen. All 4 games came down to the last posession. Anyways, some thoughts:

Florida State over Clemson. Great start to the day, again looked like Thornton simply wasn't going to let them lose. After Hammonds turned the ball over, Thornton walked right up to Leonard Hamilton and was pointing at himself, like "This is my shot". Live, I thought the foul was legit, but after seeing it on TV it was definitely a bad call. But Thornton was huge, and i cant wait to see him against the Heels tomorrow.

Miami over Maryland. Haven't looked at the thread on this game, but I'm guessing you guys are pissed. They looked really flat in the first half. Gist played his worst half of the year. They made a nice run to make it close, but just couldn't get it done. Miami dominated the boards, and Ibekwe was AWFUL. He took about 5 jump shots from outside the paint that he had no business taking, and just all-around played terribly. Tough loss for the Terps, I think they will still be a 5 seed though.

NC State over Duke. Unreal game. Costner was sensational. Paulus played really well for Duke. Atsur, Scheyer, Grant, McRoberts, McCauley, Nelson. Just a lot of players stepping up and making plays. Great end of regulation and overtime was great with both teams scoring back and forth. Great atmosphere as everyone in there was rooting against Duke.

Wake over Georgia Tech. Can words even describe that sh!t? Good god. What a game. This is unreal. I can't even wait for tomorrow!!!

Great day, I'm sure you had a blast...The only neagative was that Clemson's season had to end on a phantom foul...Really really bad call.

Yes it was..For what i saw...Kept falling asleep. :mad:

You are pretty scary Beaner...You have had some preminitions(sp?) this year and been right alot of the time....You must have ESPn. :D

It's better to be lucky than good my friend...

Great day, I'm sure you had a blast...The only neagative was that Clemson's season had to end on a phantom foul...Really really bad call.

That was bs BUT Douglas was clearly fouled when he was shooting a 3 near the end of the game and the refs didn't call it...End of the day, alot of stuff evens out.

By the way, best line of the day yesterday came from my younger brother.

(beaner, you'll love this)

We were checking scores from other conferences on his cell phone, and I told him the Michigan-Minnesota score was 49-40. He asked if it was at halftime. I said no, its a Final. He looked at me for a split second and said, and I quote

"Jesus, I'd rather kill myself than go to the Big Ten Tournament"

Classic.

Anyways, 4 more good ones on tap today.

GO HOOOS!!!!!

Archived