Ongoing Lineup Thread (2015)

OFFNY

I can't see one good reason for putting Paredes at 2B unless it's an emergency. Flaherty has been having good AB's and a RH pitcher is on the mound. I say this comes back to bite us tonight. All for getting Paredes bat in the lineup, just not his glove.

Agree. Can't say I'm excited that guys I'd prefer to be strict DHs are both wearing gloves at the same time. I also don't see how you get Pearce going if he doesn't play.

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't see one good reason for putting Paredes at 2B unless it's an emergency. Flaherty has been having good AB's and a RH pitcher is on the mound. I say this comes back to bite us tonight. All for getting Paredes bat in the lineup, just not his glove.

Parades is sizzling with the bat right now. I think it's a risky dice roll considering the tradeoff in defense between he and Flaherty but I'm interested in seeing how it plays out.

The Orioles are 5th in MLB in wRC+. Offense isn't a problem.

Too many strikeouts, too many guys swinging at bad pitches, too many LOB and they don't do a very good job of manufacturing runs. Last night was a good example - they had 13 guys on base but only scored 2 runs, and those 2 came off of a home run. This has been an issue for a few years and even though the team has had success it is still something that should have been tweaked. Instead, who did the best job of having good at bats and being patient, Nick Markakis, signed with a different team. I agree with the Orioles' decision not to match the Braves offer, but the problem is that they did absolutely nothing to replace him and/or make any other improvements to the lineup.

Adam Jones can't hit .418 for the entire season.

Too many strikeouts, too many guys swinging at bad pitches, too many LOB and they don't do a very good job of manufacturing runs. Last night was a good example - they had 13 guys on base but only scored 2 runs, and those 2 came off of a home run. This has been an issue for a few years and even though the team has had success it is still something that should have been tweaked. Instead, who did the best job of having good at bats and being patient, Nick Markakis, signed with a different team. I agree with the Orioles' decision not to match the Braves offer, but the problem is that they did absolutely nothing to replace him and/or make any other improvements to the lineup.

Adam Jones can't hit .418 for the entire season.

but they are scoring plenty of runs...so offense hasn't been a problem yet. It's the starting pitching that's a big problem. I suppose Nick Markakis was going to pitch?

FYI, Travis Snider has a 143 wRC+ to Nick Markakis' 151. He's been fine as a replacement.

Yes. Any reason to think Flaherty is dinged-up?

Yes. Any reason to think Flaherty is dinged-up?

Yeah, he says he is dinged up.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Ryan Flaherty tweaked his right groin running from 1B to 2B on last play of last night's game. He hopes to only miss a couple days. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">April 23, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

but they are scoring plenty of runs...so offense hasn't been a problem yet. It's the starting pitching that's a big problem. I suppose Nick Markakis was going to pitch?

FYI, Travis Snider has a 143 wRC+ to Nick Markakis' 151. He's been fine as a replacement.

Do you think that Snider is an improvement? b/c I don't. I wasn't comparing Markakis and Snider. That said, I don't care if Snider is a better "value" b/c that won't help the Orioles win games

What has Chris Davis displayed at the plate recently that keeps him batting 3rd or 4th in the lineup every day? Why is the future of the franchise suddenly batting 7th lately?

I don't get it either. The Orioles had 14 consecutive losing seasons and Chris Davis is one of the worst hitters I have seen. He is hard to watch

Do you think that Snider is an improvement? b/c I don't. I wasn't comparing Markakis and Snider. That said, I don't care if Snider is a better "value" b/c that won't help the Orioles win games

Actually, Snider being a better value does help the Orioles win games since it gives them room to improve in other areas. To ignore that is foolish.

Actually, Snider being a better value does help the Orioles win games since it gives them room to improve in other areas. To ignore that is foolish.

How did they spend the money they saved to improve in other areas?

How did they spend the money they saved to improve in other areas?

You can't speak in specifics about this. Sure, some money went towards Cabrera which is looking like a decent depth signing. Most of the money was reinvested with who was on the team.

But the payroll is higher so the money was spent. Of course, we could have Markakis and gotten rid of DeAza and never traded for Snider.

Archived