Ongoing Lineup Thread (2015)

OFFNY

Makes little sense to me.

I thought Snider has the better arm and therefore should be in RF

Stadium is perfectly symmetric correct?

I guess Buck figures RF would give Snider PTSD

Our OF defense has went from a strength last year to a weakness this year

I'd start Lough until Snider or De'Aza actually show that they can catch. De'Aza especially isn't going to out hit Lough by much

Why is Lough on the roster again?

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Makes little sense to me.

I thought Snider has the better arm and therefore should be in RF

Stadium is perfectly symmetric correct?

I guess Buck figures RF would give Snider PTSD

Our OF defense has went from a strength last year to a weakness this year

I'd start Lough until Snider or De'Aza actually show that they can catch. De'Aza especially isn't going to out hit Lough by much

Why is Lough on the roster again?

When has DeAza shown he can't catch?

When has DeAza shown he can't catch?

He did drop a ball earlier in the season where he ran a long way. Buck criticized the error ruling...but he usually does.

As to your other point, I do wonder if Paredes will get a chance to hit lefties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He did drop a ball earlier in the season where he ran a long way. Buck criticized the error ruling...but he usually does.

As to your other point, I do wonder if Paredes will get a chance to hit lefties.

Lefty killer Delmon Young says HI!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't see why not. Pearce in LF, Delmon in RF, Paredes at DH. Snider and De Aza sit against LHP's.

They didn't give Jimmy that opportunity last night after a torrid start. I wonder if they view him as a lefty and not a switch hitter.

Maybe snider has good numbers against Buehrle (?)

o

BALTIMORE O RIOLES O(vs. BLUE JAYS, 4/23)

David Lough - LF

Jimmy Paredes - 2B

Adam Jones - CF

Chris Davis - 1B

Delmon Young - RF

Travis Snider - DH

Manny Machado - 3B

Everth Cabrera - SS

Ryan Lavarnway - C

Christopher Steven Tillman - RHP (2-1, 5.52 ERA)

OPPOSING PITCHER

Andrew Scott Hutchison - RHP (1-0, 7.20 ERA)

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

So tonight's leadoff hitter is David Lough :bangwall:

o

OOO *** OPENING DAY ***

BALTIMORE O RIOLES O(vs. D-RAYS, 4/06)

Alejandro De Aza - LF

Manny Machado - 3B

Adam Jones - CF

Steve Pearce - 1B

Travis Snider - RF

Delmon Young - DH

Ryan Flaherty - SS

Jonathan Schoop - 2B

Caleb Joseph - C

Chris Tillman -RHP (13-6, 3.34 ERA)

OPPOSING PITCHER:

Chris Archer - RHP (10-9, 3.33 ERA)

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

Since beat beat Chris Archer on Opening Day, these are his lines for his outings since:

vs. MARLINS, 4/11:

7.00 IP O 1 H O 0 R O 0 ER O 1 BB O 5 SO O1O 84 Pitches (57 Strikes, 27 Balls)

vs. BLUE JAYS, 4/16:

7.00 IP O 2 H O 0 R O 0 ER O 2 BB O 11 SO .)) 109 Pitches (68 Strikes, 41 Balls)

vs. RED SOX, 4/21:

5.67 IP O 7 H O 1 R O 0 ER O 1 BB OO 9 SO O1 106 Pitches (72 Strikes, 34 Balls)

Not a single earned run.

4 walks.

25 strikeouts.

o

So tonight's leadoff hitter is David Lough :bangwall:

You know, I will say this, being the board's promiment Lough hater:), he deserved his shot. Let him play for a bit. Have you noticed Snider has been moved to LF and now DH since his most recent troubles? Buck is concerned, as I am. I thought Snider would be a huge disappointment, but figured it would be with the bat. We will see, small sample size there. It is noteworthy that he isn't in the field.

Also-Delmon looked really good in LF the other night I thought.

You know, I will say this, being the board's promiment Lough hater:), he deserved his shot. Let him play for a bit. Have you noticed Snider has been moved to LF and now DH since his most recent troubles? Buck is concerned, as I am. I thought Snider would be a huge disappointment, but figured it would be with the bat. We will see, small sample size there. It is noteworthy that he isn't in the field.

Also-Delmon looked really good in LF the other night I thought.

Lough deserves his shot by default since the front office didn't bring in a leadoff hitter (again) in the off-season. People argued with me about this in a different thread when I said that De Aza wasn't the answer. Buck has had to make adjustments with Snider b/c he has no other choice. This was the budget/value acquisition so that the Orioles could stick to their imaginary budget.

If I come across as a tad aggravated it's b/c I am. No one should be surprised with the team's struggles so far. Wieters, Hardy and Schoop will help the defense but the offense will still have problems and the pitching will still be questionable. This goes back to what I was saying before the season started when I argued that the Orioles didn't do anything to upgrade the team despite the AL East being vulnerable.

Lough deserves his shot by default since the front office didn't bring in a leadoff hitter (again) in the off-season. People argued with me about this in a different thread when I said that De Aza wasn't the answer. Buck has had to make adjustments with Snider b/c he has no other choice. This was the budget/value acquisition so that the Orioles could stick to their imaginary budget.

I come across as a tad aggravated it's b/c I am. No one should be surprised with the team's struggles so far. Wieters, Hardy and Schoop will help the defense but the offense will still have problems and the pitching will still be questionable. This goes back to what I was saying before the season started when I argued that the Orioles didn't do anything to upgrade the team despite the AL East being vulnerable.

Thanks for posting. I don't disagree. The can't sign everyone, but we basically signed no one:) I like the Cabrera signing, but that was late in the game. Pretty much everyone said we had a pathetic offseason. People will point out and play the "no respect card" and the "national media" are a bunch of stooges...but the truth is...this was a snoozefest of an offseason.

I wasn't excited by the Snider acquisition as many were. SHOCKED Matusz was tendered. SHOCKED we chose 2 guys in the rule 5 draft and SHOCKED we let Cruz walk and did nothing to replace him.

So you aren't the only one that was concerned. The DD fiasco definitely caused issues IMO.

I come across as a tad aggravated it's b/c I am. No one should be surprised with the team's struggles so far. Wieters, Hardy and Schoop will help the defense but the offense will still have problems and the pitching will still be questionable. This goes back to what I was saying before the season started when I argued that the Orioles didn't do anything to upgrade the team despite the AL East being vulnerable.

The Orioles are 5th in MLB in wRC+. Offense isn't a problem.

Archived