Bowie rotation set and Dylan Bundy limited to 3 innings for several months

xian4

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
#Orioles Dylan Bundy 93-95; extreme plane. CH 85-86; armside fade, consistent arm speed. Potential +. CB 79; 11/5 shape. Looks comfortable.

CJ Wittmann

‏@CJWittJr

#orioles Bundy 91-95; CB 79-81; 11/5 shape w/ bite. CT 83; slider-like. Easy velocity. Commanding the zone well.

CJ Wittmann @CJWittJr ? 4h 4 hours ago

Bundy looked much more comfortable than last year. Think there is still more in the tank once he is fully stretched out. #Orioles

CJ Wittmann

‏@CJWittJr

#Orioles Bundy 93-94; big plane. Potential plus CH/CB. CT 80-83; slider-like, late break. Threw strikes to all 4 quadrants. Found barrels.

Some quotes I found on twitter from the Bowie game tonight. 4k's and still healthy. I'll take it. So he's throwing the cutter? Or is this technically a slider? Wink Wink?

According to Dan Duquette it is his cutter.

From MASN

"Command and offspeed-pitch wise I would say this outing was better than the first. That first time I may have been getting a bit lucky with some line outs right at people. Pitch-wise I thought this was better."

After the three scoreless innings Monday against Harrisburg, Bundy was an out away from wrapping up another scheduled three-inning outing without allowing a run and then Erie's No. 3 and 4 hitters drove in two against him and he took the 5-2 loss to the Seawolves.

Over three frames and 56 pitches (36 for strikes) he gave up four hits and two runs with one walk and four strikeouts while touching 94 and 95 mph on the stadium radar gun.

"I wasn't happy with the walk, but that was really the only batter I felt like I didn't have command of the ball that at-bat. Overall I was really happy with all four pitches and threw them for strikes."

That included his curveball which took a nice step forward on Saturday night.

"Lot better than the first outing. Last time I was throwing the curveball in the grass, threw it over the catcher's head. Was happy how I commanded that tonight," Bundy said.

While the Orioles limit his innings early in the year so he has more available late in the season, Bundy would love the chance to pitch deeper in games right now.

"You just have to get the innings in at this point," he said. "I wish I could go out there for the fourth, fifth and sixth and learn more about what hitters are doing and what adjustments they are making on me so I could make adjustments and learn as well. But three innings is all I've got right now and I have to make the best of it."

He was a pitch away from a second straight scoreless outing last night, but this time he didn't get it.

"You know it is a matter of inches this game. I left a changeup and a slider up that were maybe just a hair up and they were able to get the bat on the ball and put it into the outfield. Have to work on that," Bundy said.

Gary Kendall

"You know it was a shame with two outs he couldn't close it out and they got a couple of runs. But he was down in the zone and threw some good breaking balls and good changeups to left-handed hitters. I think he has come aways. His breaking ball was better tonight," he said.

I would have been "thrilled" on draft day. I guess it depends on how you define a number 3 starter. To me' date=' Tillman is a number 3 starter. If, on draft day, Bundy turned out to be Tillman, I would have been thrilled. I would have hoped for more, but been thrilled with another Tillman under team control for 6 years.[/quote']

#3 starter is pretty low on him, or high on everyone else in the MLB, in my opinion. Good #2 is one that I think is somewhat logical, but #3 is a bit too far. The last three seasons, he has an ERA+ 144, 110 and 116 in 2012 - 2014. With 100 being average, it seems that he has been consistently very good and better than average, which is what I think the expectation of a #3 would be (average).

#3 starter is pretty low on him, or high on everyone else in the MLB, in my opinion. Good #2 is one that I think is somewhat logical, but #3 is a bit too far. The last three seasons, he has an ERA+ 144, 110 and 116 in 2012 - 2014. With 100 being average, it seems that he has been consistently very good and better than average, which is what I think the expectation of a #3 would be (average).

I'd put Tillman as a very good number 3, low number two.

WAR during the 3 years: 2.3f 1.8f 1.2f, 1.6r, 4.4r, 2.4r. Strike out rate below 7 every year. FIP and xFIP are never good. I get that he outperforms his peripherals, but so does every O's starter. Our defense inflates our starters a ton.

Archived