Bowie rotation set and Dylan Bundy limited to 3 innings for several months

xian4

That seems extreme.

I would have expected them to start ramping him up four weeks or so into the season.

That tweet looks like it was a little bit off base:

"I know I am going three innings for about four or five starts and then we'll bump it up to four. It's going to be a slow process, but hopefully a good one. It is an innings limit and that is fine with me."

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2015/04/a-look-at-bowies-rotation-and-more-from-baysox-media-day.html

That's a bit different from being limited to three innings "for several months" as Jon Meoli tweeted.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That tweet looks like it was a little bit off base:

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2015/04/a-look-at-bowies-rotation-and-more-from-baysox-media-day.html

That's a bit different from being limited to three innings "for several months" as Jon Meoli tweeted.

That sounds a lot more reasonable.

So have they abandoned the 6 man staff with the extra bullpen session?

Oh..Joe Jordan.....I would rather just forget all drafts before our current director.

In his defense, Joe Jordan worked under a different regime. What Joe Jordan would have done under Dan Duquette in recent years we'll never know. (But) yes, there were many significant misfires on Jordan's watch.

Three innings for several months and he's supposed to be in BAL for good next year?

Shouldn't they let results dictate his use and his future, rather than structuring his workload around what they hope the outcome is? I'd assume/hope if he pitches like his Delmarva stint they'd let the shackles off early.

Why does he have more value to us than anyone else?

Because he's under team control and cost-limited for a good long while, whereas other teams would be looking to acquire him at a significant discount. Other teams who don't have the background of expecting him to now be winning 25 games a year for the MLB team might still see the potential in him and are looking to cash in on the (supposed) O's souring.

Strasburg was #1 pick and sure fire prospect to make TOR.

Good pitcher, but hasn't lived up to the hype.

It happens.

Strasburg is Wieters writ large. Supposed to be Walter Johnson with a side of Hoss Radbourne. Now that he's only one of the best couple dozen pitchers in the world everybody thinks he's a loser and and bitter disappointment.

Strasburg is Wieters writ large. Supposed to be Walter Johnson with a side of Hoss Radbourne. Now that he's only one of the best couple dozen pitchers in the world everybody thinks he's a loser and and bitter disappointment.

He sure was something to watch before he got hurt.

Archived