Orioles Franchise Four

ArtVanDelay

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I went with Eddie as the 4th because Frank will get in as a Red. If it was favorite player or best year it would be Frank but I don't really consider Frank a "franchise player" for the Orioles. He had almost twice as many ABs for the Reds.

I agreed, that's exactly my thoughts.

"Impact Player" for that team.

Vote for the FOUR most impactful players who best represent the history of each franchise.

The players from each group receiving the most votes will be revealed on

Is there a good reason that no St Louis Brown players made this list?

George Sisler doesn't rank higher then Boog Powell?

If the Twins have the Big Train on their list and the Nats have seven Expos on their list then Sisler should get mentioned.

The Rangers have Frank Howard listed.

The key is "impact", and which four players have the most impact on the franchise, not necessary the best season or the best sabematics.

Is there a good reason that no St Louis Brown players made this list?

George Sisler doesn't rank higher then Boog Powell?

If the Twins have the Big Train on their list and the Nats have seven Expos on their list then Sisler should get mentioned.

Willie Keeler-hit'em where they ain't

I went with Eddie as the 4th because Frank will get in as a Red. If it was favorite player or best year it would be Frank but I don't really consider Frank a "franchise player" for the Orioles. He had almost twice as many ABs for the Reds.

O's with Frank Robinson - four AL pennants and two World Series wins in six years.

O's without Frank Robinson - two AL pennants and one World Series win in 54 years.

To, that makes him a "franchise player" even though he only spent six years of his career here.

The Rangers have Frank Howard listed.

The key is "impact", and which four players have the most impact on the franchise, not necessary the best season or the best sabematics.

I'm not saying Sisler should be one of the four, I am saying he should be one of the eight choices.

There is no direct lineage between that Oriole team and the current one.

Also Keeler only played five seasons for them (out of 19)

There is a direct lineage about Babe Ruth and the Orioles and we have a museum:) Same name....

I don't really think he should be on there, but very famous ballplayer.

I'm not saying Sisler should be one of the four, I am saying he should be one of the eight choices.

Has to be hard only allowing 8 names and some franchises have so many candidates, they must have had some previous voting or used some type of criteria to come up with what they have.

Pedro Martinez is in the top 8 in the category of Greatest living players?He's the second best pitcher in his HOF class after Randy Johnson. Also, I'll take Griffey, Jr. any day of the week over Rickey Henderson.

I think if Bonds is on the list of candidates (and he is), then Clemens also needs to be there. You could make a strong case for ARod, too. By career WAR your top 8 are:

Bonds 162

Mays 156

Aaron 143

Clemens 140

ARod 116

Henderson 111

Seaver 111

F. Robinson 107

Archived