2015 A.L. East Standings

OFFNY

The final line of Roch's latest blog...

I'll close this entry by mentioning that the Orioles are only two games out of first place in the American League East and they have the same number of losses (22) as the two teams ahead of them. Again, if you keep track of those things

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is most definitely the silver lining in a rough start......one 4-5 game winning streak and we could easily be right in first place.

The opportunity is in front of us as we play Tampa over the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is most definitely the silver lining in a rough start......one 4-5 game winning streak and we could easily be right in first place.

I agree with this, unfortunately though, 4 other teams not are saying the same thing right now too. I think we're about to make a nice run though.

In the last 10 games, we are 5-5, the only AL East team without a losing record in that span.

This is very encouraging. Didn't we start to get on a roll after Memorial Day last year? I think now's the time to start running away with this division.

o

In the last 10 games, we are 5-5, the only AL East team without a losing record in that span.

This is very encouraging. Didn't we start to get on a roll after Memorial Day last year? I think now's the time to start running away with this division.

It came later than that.

We started out 35-34 after 69 games last year.

Then, from June 17th through September 17th, we went 57-26 to stomp our way through the division before cruising in the final 10 games of the season.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/BAL/2014-schedule-scores.shtml

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Note to fans of the NYY, Rays, O's, Red Sox and Toronto: It's not just your team. The whole division is a mess. <a href="http://t.co/o6aJ0v2nhu">http://t.co/o6aJ0v2nhu</a></p>— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) <a href="

">May 31, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The Athletics might have swept all 4 games from the Yankees if not for their atrocious defense on Saturday night.

I hope that when we play them (Oakland), they gift-wrap at least one win for us, as well.

I went to bad last night the A's were up 3-1. I'll still take 3-4 losses.

I am watching a show on CSNNE about the Red Sox. I have the sports pack on Directv and sometimes like to hear about other teams in our division. They are basically saying how the Sox are bad at everything right now. Lou Merloni wondering if the division being so bad if that is leading to their complacency.

I'll take it too, but the only thing that gets my goat as much as watching the Orioles lose is watching an opposing team give the Yankees a game that they had in the bag.

Normally I would agree, but it's getting old seeing the Yankees lose and failing to make up ground. Seems like a massive opportunity passing us by. As bad as the division has been, we should be up 3 or 4 instead of down 2.

Archived