The Offense

Frobby

When Hardy comes back, Flaherty optioned.

Eventually Reimold or Paredes replaces David Lough

Than you have Davis, Snider, DeAzza as LH Hitters

Young, Reimold, Pearce as RH hitters among the players who will be juggled

Machado, Hardy, Schoop, and Joseph play almost every day

When Wieters comes back he is the LH catcher to platoon with Joseph, and also is thrown into the DH scrum.

Man I've always been a Reimold fan and he is hitting well at Norfolk after a great Spring. He could really be our X factor.

This is to notify you, that you are an expert witness in the Reimold vs Johns Hopkins lawsuit. You will be required to provide testimony about how Reimold would have been an All star except for his injury.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is to notify you, that you are an expert witness in the Reimold vs Johns Hopkins lawsuit. You will be required to provide testimony about how Reimold would have been an All star except for his injury.

Well his original injury which happened on a good hustle play (as opposed to hitting himself in the head) was unfortunate and he was on his way to potentially a break out season.

His law suit seems like crying over spilled milk to me

I find it hard to believe that his doctor told him that baseball activity was risk free or that more healing time wouldn't help.

Either way I don't see that he really lost any income as the Orioles graciously kept him under contract (for I think 1M) while he was rehabbing from the second surgery

His 13 k's and only 1 walk leave me very concerned, and when he misses, he misses by a lot. I'm still not sold on him over the course of a long season as leadoff hitter, but if people behind him are hitting it might not matter.

I agree. One of my biggest criticisms of the Front Office was their inability to get a true leadoff hitter in the offseason. It's been a hole for the past 6 years, but the Orioles have a window to win right now and the position has not been adequately addressed.

I agree. One of my biggest criticisms of the Front Office was their inability to get a true leadoff hitter in the offseason. It's been a hole for the past 6 years, but the Orioles have a window to win right now and the position has not been adequately addressed.

So far, 9 games in, this is the number 1 spot in the order:

[TABLE=class: tablehead]

<tbody>[TR=class: oddrow]

[TD=align: left]Batting #1[/TD]

[TD=class: textright]9[/TD]

[TD=class: textright]39[/TD]

[TD=class: textright]13[/TD]

[TD=class: textright]1[/TD]

[TD=class: textright]2[/TD]

[TD=class: textright]5[/TD]

[TD=class: textright].333[/TD]

[TD=class: textright].372[/TD]

[TD=class: textright].564[/TD]

[TD=class: textright].936[/TD]

[/TR]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

So far, 9 games in, this is the number 1 spot in the order:

[TABLE=class: tablehead]

<tbody>[TR=class: oddrow]

[TD=align: left]Batting #1[/TD]

[TD=class: textright]39[/TD]

[TD=class: textright]5[/TD]

[TD=class: textright].333[/TD]

[TD=class: textright].372[/TD]

[TD=class: textright].564[/TD]

[TD=class: textright].936[/TD]

[/TR]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

What's your point?

My point is, they have production from the #1 spot.

Have you watched any of the games this season.

DeAza is looking like Brady Jr.

lol I was waiting for you to mention De Aza! In 9 games he has struck out 13 times and walked only once. Does that sound like an ideal leadoff hitter to you? Have you been watching the games?

lol I was waiting for you to mention De Aza! In 9 games he has struck out 13 times and walked only once. Does that sound like an ideal leadoff hitter to you? Have you been watching the games?

How many ideal leadoff hitters are there in baseball? How many of them were available this past offseason? I know we'd all love a guy with a .400 OBP and a 85% SB rate batting first, but those seem to be in short supply.

Who cares about walks and strikeouts?

His OPS is over .900 and his slugging in .571.

He has scored 8 runs in 8 games.

I have watched him, hit two leadoff homers, when you do that, and automatically puts your team in the lead with the first bat, thats good for momentum.

Not sure, why you are trying to find things to pick about.

How many ideal leadoff hitters are there in baseball? How many of them were available this past offseason? I know we'd all love a guy with a .400 OBP and a 85% SB rate batting first, but those seem to be in short supply.

It's been a hole on the team for 6 years. They don't necessarily need to have anyone with the pedigree you suggested, but they haven't had anyone who is really all that capable.

Who cares about walks and strikeouts?

His OPS is over .900 and his slugging in .571.

He has scored 8 runs in 8 games.

I have watched him, hit two leadoff homers, when you do that, and automatically puts your team in the lead with the first bat, thats good for momentum.

Not sure, why you are trying to find things to pick about.

Who cares about walks and strikeouts? Really? A couple games ago he came up with a runner on 3rd with 0 outs and struck out. 2 of his 3 swings were at pitches that weren't even close.

You come across as one of those stat guys who has lost touch with reality.

De Aza has a career 60 point separation between his BA and OBP so I think he can take a walk. I'm concerned about his performance against LHP though and maybe he should be strictly platooned. Snider looks like he can handle the LHP'S much better.

It's been a hole on the team for 6 years. They don't necessarily need to have anyone with the pedigree you suggested, but they haven't had anyone who is really all that capable.

Who cares about walks and strikeouts? Really? A couple games ago he came up with a runner on 3rd with 0 outs and struck out. 2 of his 3 swings were at pitches that weren't even close.

You sir are the one that has lost touch with reality.

The Orioles have the best record for the past 3 years, they are playing winning ball.

In spite of having the idea perfect lead-off man.

He scores runs, that helps you win games.

Putting you back on ignore.

Just to be clear, what is your minimum threshold for a leadoff hitter, in terms of OBP, RS, SB%, P/PA, OPS? The O's leadoff spot is.333 .372 .564 .936 with 9 RS and a .50 SB% AL average so far is .264 .310 .396 .706, with 76 SB% and 5.2 RS

Just to be clear what is your minimum threshold for a leadoff hitter, in terms of OBP, RS, SB%, P/PA, OPS?

AL leadoff hitters last year (11294 PA):

.326 OBP

0.59 R/GS

75.2 SB%

.718 OPS

2.37 K/BB

So, ideally you'd want numbers better than those averages.

Archived