Miguel Gonzalez Today 2015

Il BuonO

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This game is on him.

It most definitely is. The O's might suck w/ RISP, but they scored 4. That's a treasure trove of runs. And Gonzo pitched very well and then completely and utterly fell apart. All on him. And he hasn't been good since he came off the DL.

I'm not convinced Jones is healthy either. He's been awful for awhile as well.

Agreed. Our starters have been as inconsistent as the bats. I pray we don't get no hit tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm actually becoming more concerned bout the pitching than the offense. We need guys to keep the ball in the park.

When you say "We don't get no hit" I assume you mean the team from Washington?

Gonzo did OK until the 6th, when he suddenly collapsed. Maybe he was running out of gas.

He run's out of gas about 75% of the time in the 6th inning. You'd think by now that Buck would manage to that reality but he just trots him out to get hammered. I read that Tampa using gobs of research on starting pitching loss of effectiveness facing the lineup for the third time is just avoiding that and going to the bullpen. Nathan Karns is the poster child for only pitching twice thru the rotation and being effective.

He run's out of gas about 75% of the time in the 6th inning. You'd think by now that Buck would manage to that reality but he just trots him out to get hammered. I read that Tampa using gobs of research on starting pitching loss of effectiveness facing the lineup for the third time is just avoiding that and going to the bullpen. Nathan Karns is the poster child for only pitching twice thru the rotation and being effective.

That is completely not true. IF you look a the number he had given up 45 runs this season. 40 of them have occured before he reaches 70 pitches and very few runs going into last night in the third inning.

o

(vs. TIGERS, 7/19)

5 innings, 2 runs.

Of the 6 hits that Gonzalez ceded, 5 of them were singles (the other was a double.)

Might have been brought out for the 6th inning if the Orioles did not have the big lead that they had (7-2.)

I'd say the opposite. He was too tired to even risk a five run lead to him. He wasn't very sharp today.

Archived