Miguel Gonzalez Today 2015

Il BuonO

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure why they would need to do that. He'll get an extra day before his next start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has done well in the past with a re-charge. Something longer than 1 day. Not sure what's going on there but he's struggling along.

o

(vs. TIGERS, 7/19)

5 innings, 2 runs.

Of the 6 hits that Gonzalez ceded, 5 of them were singles (the other was a double.)

Might have been brought out for the 6th inning if the Orioles did not have the big lead that they had (7-2.)

It was very hot and humid throughout the country. Many MLB managers were pulling their starters early. Gonzo did OK, a big improvement over his previous start. I don't blame Buck for pulling him. The humidity was dreadful.

o

23 OUTS: 9 Groundouts, 5 Strikeouts, 5 Lineouts, 2 Foulouts, 1 Popout, 1 Flyout

MIGUEL GONZALEZ O(vs. D-RAYS, 7/25)

IP:. 7.67

H:;; 5 (1 Home Run, 2 Doubles, 2 Singles)

R:l) 1

BB: 0

SO: 5

Pitches: 107 (68 Strikes, 39 Balls)

2015 ERA: 3.99

PITCHES BY INNING

11 (71 Strikes, 4 Balls)

13 (61 Strikes, 7 Balls)

17 (11 Strikes, 6 Balls)

12 (91 Strikes, 3 Balls)

19 (13 Strikes, 6 Balls)

12 (61 Strikes, 6 Balls)

91 (71 Strikes, 2 Balls)

14 (91 Strikes, 5 Balls) *

* Gonzalez recorded 2 outs before departing in the 8th inning.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="es" dir="ltr">Miguel Gonzalez over the last 9 games: 5.48 ERA.</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

">August 5, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="es" dir="ltr">Miguel Gonzalez over the last 9 games: 5.48 ERA.</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="
">August 5, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ouch. That's not very good. And a little bit longer than a typical rough stretch. Hopefully he turns it around. If not, spring training could be very interesting next year....

Ouch. That's not very good. And a little bit longer than a typical rough stretch. Hopefully he turns it around. If not, spring training could be very interesting next year....

I don't imagine Gonzo will have much trouble making the rotation next spring unless the team signs someone or brings back Chen. There's not that much competition. The only established starters will be Tillman, Jimenez (if he sticks), maybe Gausman. Bundy is a complete question mark and Wright, Wilson, etc are unproven.

Archived