For What it's worth.....

Belkast

Of course you would.You only care about the CUBS:002_smad:

I care about My beloved Os:)

My Perfect One needs to stay here!!!:002_ssad:

Cindy...I, for one, think you will get your wish. I've been a big advocate of trading Roberts, but I'm just thinking that it isn't going to happen.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Of course you would.You only care about the CUBS:002_smad:

I care about My beloved Os:)

My Perfect One needs to stay here!!!:002_ssad:

If you really care about your beloved O's, as tough as it may seem to you, they will probably be better off in the long run if they can get some decent young prospects for BRob.

Guest oriofan8
I love you!:)

Cindy...If you were to ask Brian what HE wanted...he'd honestly say he'd want to play on a team...with a chance to go to the WS. IF he goes...be happy for him...and make Nick, or Adam...your new "perfect one".

Seriously, if Brian wants to try for a competitive team (who wouldn't want this?) then I really hope he gets that opportunity. If the deal is there, I think it would be extremely selfish of ourselves to condem AM for giving Brian a chance at a title and for giving the O's a better shot at rebuilding success.

Heyman of SI was just on Mike& the Maddog saying he thinks a deal will be done today or tommorow.He said he personally talked to Roberts today and he is real excited about the possibilty of playing for the Cubs.He said the deal will be Gallagher,Marshall,Cedeno and a young pitcher he does not no who.I think it will be Ceda or Veal.

Heyman of SI was just on Mike& the Maddog saying he thinks a deal will be done today or tommorow.He said he personally talked to Roberts today and he is real excited about playing for the Cubs.He said the deal will be Gallagher,Marshall,Cedeno and a young pitcher he does not no who.I think it will be Ceda or Veal.

OK, with all the pitchers we a getting are we going to flip some of them sooner rather than later?

OK, with all the pitchers we a getting are we going to flip some of them sooner rather than later?

Well, if this trade goes down, (and I'll believe it when I see it) Bigbird and Belkast have both stated that we would use the surplus of young pitching to fill other needs.

It makes sense to me, but I'd be a little disappointed if Cedeno is the only position player we've got coming back...unless we've got other moves lined up.

Since we don't know yet what all these young pitchers can do, I think it would be smart to wait until later to start dealing them off. They don't have the value needed to bring in top players at this time so why make a move just for the sake of it?

Heyman of SI was just on Mike& the Maddog saying he thinks a deal will be done today or tommorow.He said he personally talked to Roberts today and he is real excited about the possibilty of playing for the Cubs.He said the deal will be Gallagher,Marshall,Cedeno and a young pitcher he does not no who.I think it will be Ceda or Veal.

Apparently Heyman was on Marks this afternoon, but I missed it. Anyone hear it? If this is the deal, the O's must be content with LH or Fahey at 2b.

I would not be shocked to see Scott or Moore flipped, as well. Roch said Moore didn't play today so that he could get one-on-one work in the outfield with an instructor. After all, you could go a whole game in left field and only get a few chances, this way, he gets much more work. They seem to be serious about preparing him to play in LF. If they could flip Luke Scott-plus to a team like San Diego for Antonelli or another near-ready 2Bman, I'd be thrilled. Even if that player needed some seasoning in AAA, that would not be bad. You'd have Adams, Markakis, and Cedeno at the major league level; the 2Bman/Antonelli and Reimold (LF) in AAA; Wieters © in AA; Snyder (1B/3B) and Rowell (3B/1B) in A+, with another very high pick in a pretty deep draft coming up.

That would make for a pretty good off-season for AM.

Archived