vs. RED SOX, 4/17

OFFNY

Go back and watch the video. It wasn't a dink, but it wasn't scorched either. And it was a ball that should have been caught. They had it right the first time. Now Tillman's ERA is screwed up for no reason.

"Should have been caught" is different than "error". They are only going to change a scoring to get it right.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I don't see anyone doing it better. Find me a better season and a half stretch with a lower payroll wrt to competition in the last 5 years. And as noted, the arrow still points upwards. 
    • I’d certainly trade Holiday for, say, Skenes and Bednar, but it’s tough to find a match with the big three that works for both sides.  Like I’d probably do Basallo for Skubal, but I’d doubt that would be enough for Detroit and I wouldn’t want to add in another top 100 type of guy. In my mind, Urias, Stowers and Norby are the spare parts where we need to find a way to get value for them this July.
    • We can keep going back to 2019 if you want?  😉 The O's aren't the only ones doing more with less, they aren't the only ones that are competent.
    • Jackson Holliday gets us the most back in a trade, while the performance of Westburg and Henderson in Baltimore, and Mayo in Norfolk, means trading him away probably wouldn't leave a big hole in our future. Would JH get us Skubal from the Tigers? If so you'd have to seriously consider it. 
    • The same Cleveland that is equal with us on games now (52-30 vs our 53-31) and was 25 GB of us last season?  We're only 25 games better than them in that sample. If they close that over the next 3-4 years I'll eat my words.   Given the level of talent in our organization, I'd be surprised if they close it at all.  What's for sure, is if you talk about the last season and a half of baseball, no organization has done better compared to payroll than this one. And the arrow points up in terms of trajectory, when you still have the no. 1 farm system in baseball. 
    • I’d say that Ortiz and Hall was fair for one year of Burnes.  Those are two, top 10 Oriole, and top 100 type prospects.   Doesn’t matter that Getz got for Cease before ST, after we got Burnes, and he took the best deal out there.   There are going to be multiple teams in on Crochet.   The Dodgers already made an offer.   Crochet is an elite, albeit risky, acquisition.   However, from the WS perspective it makes no sense to trade him a deal headlined by Norby.   Norby is a second piece and Arias is a third.   You just left out the main piece.      The WS need to do better than that. P.S.  We kept talking about Cease and not paying for the 2022 Cease.   Crochet is better than the 2022 Cease.   You just don’t know what you can expect regarding his workload in the second half.   
  • Popular Contributors