vs. RED SOX, 4/17

OFFNY

I missed Ubaldo's performance. I obviously know he was ejected, but I also know he walked 3 batters in less than 4. Was he good? Good enough? Did he look like more of the same from game 1 or did he look shakier? Let me know please.
He wasn't quite as sharp as the Toronto game. But he certainly was doing well enough to win. He as pitching a no hitter when he got ejected.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I want to say I saw Mattingly hit into a 5-4-3 TP at Memorial Stadium. Although normally I always sat on the west side of the stadium, I was in the right field upper deck, maybe Sec 32 or 33, for that one.

Now I'm going to have to dig through baseball reference to try and find it.

As usual, I dig through Baseball Reference and find that my memory is not quite right.

Mattingly didn't hit into it, he was tripled off first base. Steve Balboni hit into it.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BAL/BAL198906150.shtml

Just now watched the replay on mlb.com . Excuse my French... Jordan Baker is an asshole. NO REASON to toss Ubaldo. Cost us the game because U was cruising and Gausman... is Gausman this year. Freaking prima donna umpires! You are a SIDELINE to the game, NOT the focus. You're a damn orange road cone. Egotistical bastard!

Ump needs to be disciplined. This was completely mishandled!

I was thinking about this, at work tonight after this all happened... Buck didn't get run, and he was pretty critical in his post game comments... but he could just GO OFF in his post game comments, and HE would be the one suspended or fined! Meanwhile the ump won't be disciplined or EVEN LOOKED at by MLB.

These umps need to be taken down about three notches!

This makes it all so wrong....

Sandoval didn't take offense to the pitch and didn't think it was a fastball with intent.

"I don't think so," he said of if Jimenez was aiming for him. "It's part of the game. I was taking one for the team."

How are they even allowed to do that?

Because there's NO GOD DAMN consequences for umpires! Like I said above... Buck could go off in his Gary Thorne interview, even worse than he so deftly DID go off... but the umpires have NO penalties! NO review board! NO consequences! If they feel like stepping up into the spotlight... and making themselves into MORE than the game is... They will do it! Again, with no consequences or oversight WHATsoever. :spit:

You are NOT the game! You are a side line to it. Egotistical bastards.

Archived