What to do about the bullpen?

Crazysilver03

Roe looked good. I did not think Hunter did but he got the job done. O'Day understandably gives up the hit to Kipnis who's been incredible hot but gives up the RBI single to Raburn, a guy he should have for lunch. Cabral gets Moss to chase a few pitches. Not great but they got it done.

I will forgive O'Day for giving up a run in a game where he's playing with a 5-run lead, considering how effective he has been so far this year (1.29 ERA, 0.86 WHIP).

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bold idea.

Not sure what kind of velocity O'Day can get throwing with his left hand.

I'm guessing you thought we were talking about Matusz?

Wait, I kinda just glanced over from a tab I have open for work, stupid me I thought you were talking about Britton haha. But for conversations sake lets me O'Day starter!! What a big mistake lol

Wait, I kinda just glanced over from a tab I have open for work, stupid me I thought you were talking about Britton haha. But for conversations sake lets me O'Day starter!! What a big mistake lol

Yea, Britton makes more sense then Matusz, just Britton is a lot further from free agency.

For the record I don't think Britton would be near as successful starting as he is in the pen.

No harm done.

o

Roch Kubatko stated that Mike Wright was recalled from AAA-Norfolk, and that if he is not used in relief tonight, tomorrow, or Saturday that he will be starting against the Yankees on Sunday.

https://twitter.com/masnroch

I wasn't expecting that.

I figured they would bring up a bullpen arm for the next three games then send that arm down for Wright on Sunday.

I wasn't expecting that.

I figured they would bring up a bullpen arm for the next three games then send that arm down for Wright on Sunday.

Yes, if he is used in relief before Sunday, who gets the start? Seems like a bullpen arm would have been more prudent if Wright is the top choice to start Sunday.

Yes, if he is used in relief before Sunday, who gets the start? Seems like a bullpen arm would have been more prudent if Wright is the top choice to start Sunday.

I heard Roch on the radio and it sounded like Tyler Wilson might get the nod if we have to use Wright in relief

I heard Roch on the radio and it sounded like Tyler Wilson might get the nod if we have to use Wright in relief
If we use Wright in relief would Wilson have to be called up before Sun. to take advantage of Gonzo to the DL, or is Wilson available by then?

Archived