Jimmy Paredes long-term

Brooks The Great

Jimmy has a strong but inaccurate arm. Maybe he'd do better in the outfield, there the throwing mechanics are different. He has decent speed. If his bat stays strong, maybe they'll give him a look out there with an eye toward next season.

I think he is a first baseman.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jimmy has a strong but inaccurate arm. Maybe he'd do better in the outfield, there the throwing mechanics are different. He has decent speed. If his bat stays strong, maybe they'll give him a look out there with an eye toward next season.

This is a good post. Why isn't this being discussed more? I know we have a logjam in the OF, but the guy is hitting better than anyone else right now.

This is a good post. Why isn't this being discussed more? I know we have a logjam in the OF, but the guy is hitting better than anyone else right now.

Paredes can DH. Sure they could try him on defense but the would be DH Young looks a lot better in the field this year opening up the DH spot a bit.

Paredes can DH. Sure they could try him on defense but the would be DH Young looks a lot better in the field this year opening up the DH spot a bit.

Yeah, he really has. My buddy and I were chatting about that today. Young is improved. Not great, but definitely improved.

Why can't we just be happy that we have a 26 year old, switch hitting DH who is tearing the cover off the ball. We can try him in the outfield or 1B in instructional league and next spring training. But I don't play him anywhere if the glove is below average.
:agree: We have to find some way to keep him on the roster. We badly need his bat.

Why can't we just be happy that we have a 26 year old, switch hitting DH who is tearing the cover off the ball. We can try him in the outfield or 1B in instructional league and next spring training. But I don't play him anywhere if the glove is below average.

Exactly, just let him hit....

Right now, I'd rather have Young than Davis. Davis will be gone next year at any rate.

So will Young. Davis has significantly more upside and plays first base. Young is a DH that can play mediocre outfield. I'm glad he's on the team, but to prefer him over Davis is a bit of a head scratcher.

Young may not be up there with the other outfielders, but compared to what I saw of the Red Sox outfielders this past weekend he is a Gold Glove. :D

Better than any of them. He did lose one ball in the sun field. But Adam was right there.

We saw what happened Saturday night when Boston put a DH in right field. A ball that any Oriole OF would have gotten turned.into a triple. Not Bucks style.

Archived