Jimmy Paredes long-term

Brooks The Great

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am of the opinion that you go all in when you have a chance to win the World Series.

When you are a team with budgetary restrictions like the Orioles, you have to take advantage of your chances.

I think Buck and Dan want to build a consistent winner. But building a consistent winner can come at the cost of going all in and being WS caliber for a small window as opposed to just a playoff team for a longer period of time.

I guess it just depends on what you really value.

Sure. Going all in would have meant signing Cruz and Miller but I think your post summarizes the Orioles very well.

I think so too.

I am of the opinion that you go all in when you have a chance to win the World Series.

When you are a team with budgetary restrictions like the Orioles, you have to take advantage of your chances.

I think Buck and Dan want to build a consistent winner. But building a consistent winner can come at the cost of going all in and being WS caliber for a small window as opposed to just a playoff team for a longer period of time.

I guess it just depends on what you really value.

I'd DFA Chris Davis before I'd DFA Paredes.

He likes it here.

2014 25 BAL AL 18 55 53 9 16 4 0 2 8 2 0 2 13 .302 .327 .491 .818 128 26 1

2015 26 BAL AL 7 31 30 8 12 3 0 3 6 1 0 1 5 .400 .419 .800 1.219 234 24

May have missed lighting in a bottle with Garcia, but found it with Parades.:thumbsup1:

Archived