Trading De Aza

Scrat1

Yeah, I'm gonna bet DeAza will rebound to something better that his current .250 obp and something closer to his career numbers against RHP.

So you are hoping De Aza will be better.

That makes more sense then just looking at the numbers and somehow reaching that conclusion.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bit uncalled for I think.

Of course I get accused of worse around here on a wee

Why. Did I miss some sarcasm there? Don't think so. It's a horrible point and you know it. You're better than that. It's exactly what Herman has been saying.

That makes more sense then just looking at the numbers and somehow reaching that conclusion.

I do think de Aza will improve, but even if he gets back to his career levels he's not offering anything that Pearce, Lough, Young and Snider can't.

Yeah, I'm gonna bet DeAza will rebound to something better that his current .250 obp and something closer to his career numbers against RHP.

To be fair, I expect de Aza to hit about .255/.300/.370, play sub-par defense and make some truly head-scratching baseball decisions. I don't think we need that for 5 million with 5 other major league outfielders on the current 25 m.

Wow. You really are off your game. Yeah, i think De Aza will normalize to something closer to his norm And should be in there against RHP.

To be fair, I expect de Aza to hit about .255/.300/.370, play sub-par defense and make some truly head-scratching baseball decisions. I don't think we need that for 5 million with 5 other major league outfielders on the current 25 m.

I think he'll be much better than that.

Why. Did I miss so.esarcasm there? Don't think so. It's a horrible point and you know it. You're better than that. It's exactly what Herman has been saying.

He has not been showing anything close to a good approach so far this season. The 18 K's don't bother me overmuch but two walks?

Wow. You really are off your game. Yeah, i think De Aza will normalize to something closer to his norm And should be in there against RHP.

And, as more then one of us has attempted to point out, his norm isn't appreciably better then Lough's.

Unless you think he can surpass his norms, or for some reason Lough will fall short of his norms, you have no case.

He has not been showing anything close to a good approach so far this season. The 18 K's don't bother me overmuch but two walks?

He is in s slump. I think he'll come out of it and perform close to his norm against RHP. Maybe not, but that would be my bet.

And, as more then one of us has attempted to point out, his norm isn't appreciably better then Lough's.

Unless you think he can surpass his norms, or for some reason Lough will fall short of his norms, you have no case.

I've already responded to these points.

You explained how 29 points of OPS is more significant then the difference in pay, service time and defensive ability?

Sorry his "proven player" creds are included in his career stats which we are already using to frame the argument.

Just admit you don't like Lough as a player and don't think any of his stats accurately reflect his abilities.

Walk rates are effected by week long slumps?

When did this start?

You're seriously arguing that the current sample size of De Aza AB's takes on significance as to what his walk and K rates will end up being over a larger sample (i.e. by the end of the year).

I haven't seen anything substantial, mostly that he's a "proven" player and that you don't think Loughs defense will make up for the very small gap in their numbers against righties and that you trust your feelings on his defensive value more so than the metrics. And that somehow that small gap is enough to ignore Lough's usefulness as a pinch runner and defensive sub, and his extremely favorable cheap years of control. This isn't exactly a very convincing argument.

It seems to me you just like De Aza more than Lough, which is fine, but you haven't actually responded with anything quantifiable. It's been all nebulous, gut-feeling stuff.

You're seriously arguing that the current sample size of De Aza AB's takes on significance as to what his walk and K rates will end up being over a larger sample (i.e. by the end of the year).

Nope, just pointing out that, so far, his approach has been bad.

You were the one that brought the issue of approach up in the first place.

I am much more concerned with both players' career numbers versus right handed pitching.

Archived