Trading De Aza

Scrat1

I don't think anyone is getting traded until July.

Dan and Buck have perfected the art of the DL. Ubaldo steps in a pot hole. Paredes hurts his back lifting weighs. Stuff happens to the O's when there is a roster crunch.

In July Reimold has an opt out. July is trade season with the end of the month being the non waiver trade deadline. I think Dan and Buck wait until then to move a player or two and acquire some help for the playoff push.

Pretty sure the Paredes thing was real. He was told he had made the team. He would have just replaced Webb right away.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pretty sure the Paredes thing was real. He was told he had made the team. He would have just replaced Webb right away.

Here is the way I think that went:

Buck to Paredes: The Trainer tells me your back in a little sore from lifting weighs. We are going to have to put you on the DL.

Paredes: Whatever you think is best, Mr Showalter. Did I make the team?

Buck: Yes you made the team but you need to go on the DL.

Paredes: Yes Sir.

Here is the way I think that went:

Buck to Paredes: The Trainer tells me your back in a little sore from lifting weighs. We are going to have to put you on the DL.

Paredes: Whatever you think is best, Mr Showalter. Did I make the team?

Buck: Yes you made the team but you need to go on the DL.

Paredes: Yes Sir.

You really think Buck wouldn't have prefered to have Paredes from day 1?

Before anyone gets traded, let's see how Paredes adjusts to the adjustments pitchers are about to make. If he is still deserving of being the everyday DH in a month or two, Buck might want to carry another infielder and reduce the logjam in the outfield. Will either Delmon or Snider establish themselves as he everyday RF by then? Of course injuries will play a part.

So far, good problems to have.

Archived