O's offer vouchers to Saturday's ticket buyers - Monday AND Tuesday Games PPD

Creamsicle

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 questions:

Does everyone think they will play the Rays at Camden this weekend? What are the chances the game times get moved up to daylight hours due to the curfew?

The investigation results are due Friday and Saturday there is already a "peaceful protest" scheduled. I don't see any of these games being played at OPACY this week.

Personally I think they should have played even if the stadium was empty. Just think it was a poor decision.

We have certainly reached the point where this puts the Orioles at a competitive disadvantage going forward.

Empty stadium, move the game, they had time to do something.

I'm of course not on the ground in Baltimore but are there not police and National Guard troops pouring it?

I went to VT as you all know. The average person still only recalls VT in reference to the shooting in 2006. This situation is heading that way for Baltimore. They really need to get a handle on this situation before touristry is screwed for a couple decades.

I can't believe that tragedy is coming up on a decade now.

Earlier in the thread, someone mentioned a report of a two year old killed. I haven't seen that anywhere. Hopefully that was misinformation.

The worst image that I saw last night. Was a woman leaving a burning building with her baby. This was around 11. The speculation was that the family was the proprietor of the burning corner store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Owner of Sportsmart had 300 people steal every sneaker in his store. He said most were in their 20's. Neighborhood store for 35 years and the neighbors did that. They even took a 2 ton safe out of the building. Crazy stuff. Over 1M dollars of inventory lost.

I've looked at a ton of pictures and watched a lot of tape and live feed. I feel that it is completely inaccurate to say the looters were high school age kids. It just isn't so. Most were adults. Most of the people throwing bricks and standing on cars were high school age kids, but not so with the looters.

He watched 4 hours of video in the store and concurs that most looters were in their 20's.

I've looked at a ton of pictures and watched a lot of tape and live feed. I feel that it is completely inaccurate to say the looters were high school age kids. It just isn't so. Most were adults. Most of the people throwing bricks and standing on cars were high school age kids, but not so with the looters.

To add to that, we've witnessed looters driving up in vans, so it's not necessarily people from the neighborhood.

Nigel enough already, it's no longer funny.

I reported what they said on the radio, can't be blamed if they provide bad information out.

I'm not really joking - you're wrong a lot. A lot. But I'm worried that I'm starting to troll you, so I'll stop pointing it out.

To add to that, we've witnessed looters driving up in vans, so it's not necessarily people from the neighborhood.

Apparently in this case, the store owner who has been in the neighborhood for 35 years recognized plenty of the looters. They were customers at one point.

Apparently in this case, the store owner who has been in the neighborhood for 35 years recognized plenty of the looters. They were customers at one point.

Horrible.

I was initially surprised at $1M in inventory. But maybe that's legitimate. That's 10,000 $100 items. It's been a long time since I've been in retail, it just seemed high at first glance.

I can't believe that tragedy is coming up on a decade now.

Earlier in the thread, someone mentioned a report of a two year old killed. I haven't seen that anywhere. Hopefully that was misinformation.

The worst image that I saw last night. Was a woman leaving a burning building with her baby. This was around 11. The speculation was that the family was the proprietor of the burning corner store.

http://wtop.com/baltimore/2015/04/police-investigating-baltimore-toddlers-death-as-homicide/

There was a child that died last night, it sounds like it was a separate incident and not from the rioting.

Archived