Orioles win; Yankees lose

wildcard

9 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

(JULY 27th)

Again.

It's rare enough for the Orioles to win 3 games in a row at all, let alone simultaneously coordinate those wins with Yankee losses on the same day.

o

9 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Yup, we're definitely gaining on them. Remember ........ It's not over until the C.C. sings.

o

Image result for Dick Motta Bullets

o

• 11 months later...
7 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Nationals  9    - NYY's  2 , The Nationals committed 5 errors. It was an enjoyable game, despite Joe Buck's play-by-play.

The O's are tied for first place with 58 games to go.    :new_beer:

o

The Orioles won.

The White Sox won.

The Yankees lost.

The Red Sox lost.

That's as good as it gets for me.

o

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SteveA said:

We are tied for first and there's only one team in the entire AL with a better record than us.  What a roller coaster of a season it has been so far!

I mean the cognoscenti were writing us off just yesterday!  B E L E I V E (I before E except after C, unless you believe in science or have a conscience)

10 hours ago, spiritof66 said:

Nats  9    NYYs  2 --  Nats with 5 errors. Enjoyable game despite Joe Buck.

O's are tied for first with 58 to go.    :new_beer:

At the end, "Might be, could be, it is!"  "What do you think John Smoltz?"

3 hours ago, bobmc said:

At the end, "Might be, could be, it is!"  "What do you think John Smoltz?"

If I didn't know who John Smoltz is, when I listen to much of what he say I would think, "There's a guy who doesn't know much about baseball. I wonder what he's doing on a network broadcast."  At least I know how Joe Buck got his job, even if I can't figure out how he keeps it.

25 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

If I didn't know who John Smoltz is, when I listen to much of what he say I would think, "There's a guy who doesn't know much about baseball. I wonder what he's doing on a network broadcast."  At least I know how Joe Buck got his job, even if I can't figure out how he keeps it.

John Smoltz is a golfer.  Have you seen a ball more crushed than Giancarlo did yesterday?

What's the appropriate balance between enjoying this baseball season (short term gain) without sacrificing enjoy baseball in Baltimore for many seasons to come (long term gain)?

Do we want to lose every game in extra innings by 1 run? An unearned one at that with the current rule.

4 hours ago, Fan4Life said:

What's the appropriate balance between enjoying this baseball season (short term gain) without sacrificing enjoy baseball in Baltimore for many seasons to come (long term gain)?

Do we want to lose every game in extra innings by 1 run? An unearned one at that with the current rule.

No balance. Just win every game

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1