Bud is coming back to the rotation....

ChuckS

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, just no!!! I kind of like what we have now. Now if Tilly would find a pothole :)

Last year, chemistry and karma were a given. This year, not so much. Wright has earned ever right to stay here.

Here's the way I see it: yes, regression was expected, he was lucky last year, and most reasonable expectations were that he wouldn't do as well this year.

But he was doing far worse than any reasonable projection. Something is clearly not right. So one of two things will happen:

1) The problems will still be there, he'll continue to be bombed, and his return to the rotation will only last a couple starts.

2) The trip to the DL and the minors sets him straight to some extent, and he is at least a serviceable back of the rotation guy. Which may be all we get out of Wright anyway, once the advance scouts start doing their thing and teams are better prepared to face him.

In other words, I don't think its a sky is falling situation. Yet.

Maybe the Orioles can trade him. You'll get nothing back but some club may eat some of his pay. He will not/should not be back in 2016 anyway.

Right. There's no way you offer him a QO at this point. Going into the season, if he repeated last season's results, I had assumed that we could offer it. (But) given his first 1/4 of the season, my bet is that we won't offer.

If we're not going to offer and we're not going to extend and he's not performing any better than available cheaper under-control assets then he should be shipped out.

In Dan we trust.

30.38 ERA at Norfolk. 7.20 ERA at Bowie. I don't want him back in the rotation until he has at least one quality start in the minors. I want to keep Mike Wright in the rotation for now.

Depth is great to have. There is no reason to rush Norris back into the rotation.

30.38 ERA at Norfolk. 7.20 ERA at Bowie. I don't want him back in the rotation until he has at least one quality start in the minors. I want to keep Mike Wright in the rotation for now.

Depth is great to have. There is no reason to rush Norris back into the rotation.

I'd forgotten he had actually recorded out in his Norfolk outing. ;)

He has been beyond awful. I like Bud but putting him back into the rotation is irresponsible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is going to happen when Gausman is ready to join the rotation? At some point you have to put in your best five guys.

Well Gausman is getting starts on the 6th and 11th at Norfolk. And could get more. A decision on him is at least three weeks away.

And now Scott Feldman is out for at least six weeks with torn meniscus. Wonder if they would have any interest in a Bud reunion?

http://blog.chron.com/ultimateastros...ry/#31931101=0

I think with the prospects and payroll room they have at their disposal that they would set their sights higher then Bud.

Especially since he has ripped the organization since he left.

Archived