Royals fans are stuffing the All-Star ballot box early

Frobby

I'm actually pretty impressed. I mean obviously every team tries to get the fan vote out, but I'm not exactly sure how the Royals are doing this. Moustakas is almost doubling Donaldson, who's having a great year. Rios over Jones by 4 million? Infante only 1.5 million behind Altuve?

Only Trout is not a Royal on the squad after the weekend. I would love to know how they are spamming the system.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Only Trout is not a Royal on the squad after the weekend. I would love to know how they are spamming the system.

I hope Trout sustains some minor injury so that Alex Rios becomes the third AL outfielder. What a farce.

They released some new numbers today, Infante has officially surged past Altuve. Now the lineup is all Royals and Mike Trout.

MLB insists there is nothing wrong with the voting, they've apparently looked into it. I look forward to the overhaul of the voting system for next year's game.

Yeah after this becomes one of the lowest rates ASGs ever.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

My problem with it is that unless you're a die-hard Royals or baseball fan, you haven't heard of any of their players. It's not like this is the Yankees or Red Sox. There's gotta be some shenanigans going on here.

I agree, I don't think there is any way this vote is legit but MLB apparently stands behind it.

My problem with it is that unless you're a die-hard Royals or baseball fan, you haven't heard of any of their players. It's not like this is the Yankees or Red Sox. There's gotta be some shenanigans going on here.

In '57 the looked into the Reds situation and figured out that over half of all the ballots turned in were from the Cincinnati area.

It's hard to call anything shenanigans when the rules are pretty much "vote a lot for your favorite team!" People take this as seriously as MLB wants them to.

Farce and manufactured controversy draws attention.

I saw a Royals fan on an MLB board make the argument that this will result in higher ratings for the All Star game. You agree?

I'm not really sure one way or another, I'd like to think the ratings will be lower but it's possible he's right.

I saw a Royals fan on an MLB board make the argument that this will result in higher ratings for the All Star game. You agree?

I'm not really sure one way or another, I'd like to think the ratings will be lower but it's possible he's right.

I think it certainly gives fodder to the ESPN yelling shows.

In '57 the looked into the Reds situation and figured out that over half of all the ballots turned in were from the Cincinnati area.

It's hard to call anything shenanigans when the rules are pretty much "vote a lot for your favorite team!" People take this as seriously as MLB wants them to.

The rules are the same for everyone. I have a hard time believing that the Royals fanbase is just so much better at voting than everyone else in the country.

I also have a hard time believing that baseball fans are having Salvador Perez fever. Jose Bautista had the record for total votes at 7+ million. This year there's probably going to be like 4 Royals with more than 7 million. I call BS on the whole thing.

Whether it's legitimate crazed voting by KC fans or a hacker having a ball at baseball's expense, it's certainly making MLB look ridiculous. No way the players' union allows this to continue if the All-Star Game becomes the All-Royals Game. Too many of 'em have All-Star bonuses in their contracts - whoever is doing this is basically giving a company bonuses to a number of performers who don't deserve it. Sure, that happens every year, but obviously this is a different animal.

The rules are the same for everyone. I have a hard time believing that the Royals fanbase is just so much better at voting than everyone else in the country.

I also have a hard time believing that baseball fans are having Salvador Perez fever. Jose Bautista had the record for total votes at 7+ million. This year there's probably going to be like 4 Royals with more than 7 million. I call BS on the whole thing.

If MLB gave a flip about this they'd have made the voting system something other than the thing it is now, with little or no rules. They encourage voting early and often. It's not surprising that once in a while the thing goes from silly popularity contest to ridiculous farce. MLB simply doesn't care. If it wasn't for tradition, and baseball loving it's traditions, the All Star game probably wouldn't even be anymore.

Archived