Royals fans are stuffing the All-Star ballot box early

Frobby

I have seen a lot of people on the Internet (including this board) say that they've started voting an all-Royal ballot just to stick it to MLB and force them to change the system. I don't mind that idea but I just really hate the Royals and don't want to see them in the All-Star game.

I do mind the idea. Adam Jones is a worthy All Star, and is in 5th place, and could slip further. Voting against him in the misguided belief that making the system become more absurd will not fix it. If MLB cared, they would investigate what is a probable case of hacking going on. (It's easy to do) I am not buying for one minute "the votes MLB have been sanitized." If you want to protest the vote, it's better to abstain than help out Yost's yeahoos.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do mind the idea. Adam Jones is a worthy All Star, and is in 5th place, and could slip further. Voting against him in the misguided belief that making the system become more absurd will not fix it. If MLB cared, they would investigate what is a probable case of hacking going on. (It's easy to do) I am not buying for one minute "the votes MLB have been sanitized." If you want to protest the vote, it's better to abstain than help out Yost's yeahoos.

That's debatable. By fWAR, Trout, Cespedes, and Cain are all ahead of Jones. By rWAR it's Trout, Cain, Keirmeier, Cespedes, Gordon, Bautista, Betts, and Reddick ahead of him. He's also even with Springer. I would not have voted for Jones even if I took the AL side seriously.

I agree with you. And now 60 million votes have been erased, but the Royals players will still make it in because opposing team's fans want to break the system.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived